Asia Foundation and Australian National University Announce 2015 Australasian Aid Conference
Canberra, June 17, 2014 — Australian National University and The Asia Foundation announce the 2015 Australasian Aid Conference on February 12-13, 2015 at the Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra. Read more about the 2014 conference featuring Australia’s Minister for Foreign Affairs Julie Bishop and Asia Foundation experts.
The 2015 conference aims to bring together researchers from across Australia, the Pacific and Asia who are working on aid and international development policy to share insights, promote collaboration, and help develop the research community. Conference organizers include Professor Stephen Howes, director of the Development Policy Centre at ANU, Dr Joel Negin, senior lecturer in International Public Health at the University of Sydney, and Jonathan Pryke, research officer at the Development Policy Centre.
ANU is now accepting papers for the multi-disciplinary conference from academics, practitioners, and policymakers on the following topics:
- Aid effectiveness, at both the micro and macro level
- The political economy and politics of aid
- Aid and security
- Aid from traditional and/or non-traditional donors
- International public goods
- Migration and international trade policy, from a development perspective
- The international aid and development architecture, including the G20, World Bank, and other international agencies
- International climate change negotiations and architecture
The deadline for submissions is October 15, 2014. More information on the 2015 Australasian Aid Conference is available here.
The conference will be livestreamed here.
THE LATEST ACROSS ASIA
Thomson Reuters Foundation: Nepal quake survivors struggle with debt, raising trafficking fears
July 26, 2016
Asia Foundation Supports 2016 Korean Film and Culture Workshop
July 22, 2016
Asia Foundation Trustees Participate in World Peace Forum in Beijing
July 20, 2016
Asia Foundation Convenes “Afghanistan Going Forward” Conference
July 14, 2016