The Asia Foundation is an international organization based in San Francisco with 18 offices in Asia, and an office in Washington, D.C. The Human Resources Department in San Francisco handles all employment and internship inquiries for the entire organization. The Asia Foundation is committed to a policy of providing equal opportunities in recruiting and selecting employees.
The Asia Foundation believes in providing equal opportunities without regard to age, color, country of origin, handicap, veteran status, religion, sex or sexual orientation. For U.S.-based positions, you must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
We are currently seeking qualified motivated individuals for the following independent contractor/consultant positions:
No positions are available at this time.
For U.S.-based positions you must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Seeking Advisors for Environmental and Disaster-related Programs
The Asia Foundation –a nonprofit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia – is developing a roster of mid-level and senior technical advisors for short- to medium-term assignments to support existing as well as newly developed programs in a broad range of topic areas in one or more of the 18 Asian countries where the Foundation operates. We are looking for talented individuals with whom we can develop a close working relationships for recurring assignments for years to come.
The Foundation’s principle environment program areas include: natural resources management, climate change adaptation, urban environmental issues, disaster risk management, and green growth. Our program modalities include governance and stakeholder engagement, as well as trans-boundary cooperation. Our countries of operation include: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Thailand, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam.
Our completed roster will include talented individuals who:
- Possess technical expertise in one or more of our technical programming areas.
- Are based in the countries where we operate, as well as experts based internationally.
- Possess deep experience in one or more of the countries where we operate.
- Demonstrate ability to work at either the country, sub-regional (S Asia, SE Asia, and/or E Asia), or regional (Asia) level.
Responsibilities may include technical support to ongoing projects, program evaluation and redesign, assessing local or regional programming landscapes in specific topic areas, and new program design and development. Activities may include a combination of desk reviews, site visits, network development, and documentation (i.e., reporting, position papers, publications, and proposal writing).
Significant experience in international development and/or policy, with recognized technical expertise in at least one of the core topic areas and countries indicated above. Candidates should emphasize the following in their applications:
- Specific accomplishments relevant to your field of expertise.
- Experience working with governments, local NGOs or civil society organizations, local or regional academic or research institutions, donor communities, and/or the private sector. Direct experience in fostering constructive multi-stakeholder engagement is particularly valuable.
- Communications and writing skills; reference significant written products or publications.
- Experience living and working in South, Southeast and/or East Asia.
- An advanced degree in governance, environmental policy, sustainability development, environmental economics, international development or other relevant field
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
Application Deadline is June 10, 2015.