Why Partner With The Asia Foundation?
With 18 field offices throughout Asia, dedicated program experts in every country, a strong track record of successful program implementation, and trusted long-term relationships with partners in the public and private sectors, we are the premier institution implementing ground-breaking Corporate Social Responsibility programs in Asia.
- Deep respect for local context
With a history of successful programs in more than 20 countries, and an unparalleled network of trusted local partners, The Asia Foundation can work in some of Asia's hardest-to-reach communities, from Afghanistan to Vietnam. We are well positioned to design and implement programs to meet our partners' specific goals in ways that are flexible, cost-effective, and appropriate in local contexts.
- Inclusion of differing views
The Foundation has trusted relationships with stakeholders in government, business and civil society, and a proven reputation as a neutral third party that can bring leaders from across these sectors together to address shared concerns.
- Trust, accountability, and partnership
Our operations and programs reflect the integrity and dedication of our local and international staff of development professionals. As such, The Asia Foundation is consistently ranked as an excellent, worthy and financially sound charity by various charity watchdog organizations, including the American Institute of Philanthropy and Charity Navigator.
- Innovative, agile thinking
The Asia Foundation is poised to respond to the dynamic needs of those we support using lessons learned from decades of on-the-ground experience, rigorous research to inform program design and evaluation, a broad network of regional experts, and insight from our partners and stakeholders.
- Longstanding presence and commitment
Since our founding in 1954, we have worked side by side with dedicated individuals and institutions to make history through far-reaching reforms and inclusive development. Our impact is grounded in our ability to combine a long-term, experienced perspective with our strong network and commitment to Asian progress. Using these strengths, The Asia Foundation offers our partners deep knowledge of the complex and dynamic social, political, economic, environmental and security challenges facing the Asia-Pacific region.
Working Together to Generate Lasting Change in Asia
- Provide millions of books to tens of thousands of schools, libraries, and universities.
- Educate more than a million migrant workers in over one thousand factories in China's Pearl River Delta on their legal rights, safety, and personal health.
- Protect the basic rights of women through our work to counter human trafficking, fight gender-based violence, increase political participation, and strengthen legal systems.
- Provide life-changing professional opportunities for newly emerging Asian leaders.
- Reduce the human and financial toll of natural disasters by equipping government officials, businesses, and community leaders in disaster planning and response.
- Create jobs by improving the business climate and reducing red tape for local entrepreneurs and small businesses.