Call for CVs: Promoting Advocacy and Rights, Bangladesh
Deadline: September 20, 2017
The Asia Foundation, a non-profit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia, seeks candidates for long-term positions for an anticipated USAID-funded five-year Promoting Advocacy and Rights program in Bangladesh. The program will support individual organizations and institutions, collaboration among diverse stakeholders, and collective action to strengthen governance and promote reform. The project will build the capacity of civil society groups and support tools and activities that will strengthen advocacy capacities related to good governance and inclusive democracy.
The Asia Foundation seeks experts with experience working on civil society strengthening. governance, and human rights programs. The positions will be full-time and based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Qualified Bangladeshi nationals, and other nationalities, especially those residing in South Asia, are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
- Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist
- Civil Society Strengthening Specialist
- Finance and Grants Manager
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree in relevant field strongly preferred;
- Technical expertise and professional work experience in one or more of the areas identified above;
- A minimum of five years’ experience working on donor-funded projects, including in developing countries and preferably in Asia; experience working on USAID-funded projects strongly preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to productively interact with a wide range and different levels of organizations and stakeholders (national governments, municipalities, private sector, NGOs, research institutions, universities, donors);
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills; knowledge of Bangla would be an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV by September 20, 2017 to email@example.com with the position listed in the subject line. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
Asia Foundation Development Fellows 2017 in San Francisco
September 18, 2017
Library of Congress Honors Asia Foundation for Promoting Literacy
September 14, 2017
Labor Migration’s Impact Economically, Socially and Politically in Nepal
September 7, 2017
Creating Books that Preserve Cultures and Improve Literacy
September 6, 2017