Chief of Party, Promoting Advocacy and Rights, Bangladesh
Deadline: September 20, 2017
The Asia Foundation, a non-profit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia, seeks an experienced chief of party for an anticipated USAID-funded five-year Promoting Advocacy and Rights program in Bangladesh. The program will support individual organizations and institutions, collaboration among diverse stakeholders, and collective action to strengthen governance and promote reform. The project will build the capacity of civil society groups and support tools and activities that will strengthen advocacy capacities related to good governance and inclusive democracy. The chief of party will be responsible for providing overall vision, leadership, and guidance for the program. This position will be full-time and based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Qualified Bangladeshi nationals, and other nationalities, especially those residing in South Asia, are strongly encouraged to apply.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID for procedural and substantive matters, and be responsible for quality control of the technical aspects of performance, procurement, personnel, reporting, and other management-related requirements of the cooperative agreement;
- Provide technical leadership for program activities including conceptualizing, designing, implementing and monitoring innovative, cutting-edge programming activities;
- Build and manage relationships with partners and USAID counterparts in Dhaka, including meeting and consulting regularly with USAID regarding the program’s performance and direction;
- Supervise a multi-cultural team of professionals and experts across various technical and functional areas (e.g. civil society strengthening, inclusion, monitoring and evaluation, etc.)
- Relevant advanced degree in international development, social science, conflict management (including social cohesion), public policy, or a related field of study;
- Minimum of ten years’ progressively responsible experience in international development, with at least five years of senior managerial-level experience in a developing country, preferably in Asia;
- Demonstrated success in designing, managing, and implementing USAID technical assistance projects;
- Expert knowledge and understanding of issues related to civil society strengthening, human rights, and advocacy and the technical aspects of governance reform project design and implementation;
- Demonstrated knowledge of gender and social inclusion, and demonstrated experience and proficiency in managing programs that mainstream gender;
- Previous experience managing USG-funded programs of similar scale and scope highly preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Past experience working in Bangladesh, and knowledge of Bangla highly preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV by September 20, 2017 to email@example.com with the position listed in the subject line. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
Asia Foundation Development Fellows 2017 in San Francisco
September 18, 2017
Library of Congress Honors Asia Foundation for Promoting Literacy
September 14, 2017
Labor Migration’s Impact Economically, Socially and Politically in Nepal
September 7, 2017
Creating Books that Preserve Cultures and Improve Literacy
September 6, 2017