Deputy Chief of Party, USAID Sri Lanka Social Cohesion and Reconciliation Program
Location: Sri Lanka
Deadline: August 11, 2017
The Asia Foundation (the Foundation) is a non-profit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. The Foundation seeks an experienced Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated four-year, multi-million dollar Social Cohesion and Reconciliation Program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The program will positively transform relationships across traditional lines of division and foster the development of a common national identify among all Sri Lankans by supporting institutions, processes and stakeholders at the national, subnational and community levels.
The DCOP will support the Chief of Party (COP) in providing overall vision, leadership, and guidance for the program, including serving as Acting COP during the COP’s absence. Candidates should be seasoned development professionals who possess the qualifications below:
- Relevant advanced degree in international development, social science, conflict management (including post-conflict reconciliation and social cohesion), public policy, or a related field of study;
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant professional experience managing and implementing conflict management programs (including in post-conflict settings) or similar/related international development projects;
- Demonstrated leadership/managerial, technical, and administrative skills in program management, including managing budgets and personnel, motivating and supervising team efforts, and achieving success in complex activities, preferably in Sri Lanka or South Asia;
- Demonstrated experience working across ethnic, religious, and language identify groups, as well as marginalized groups such as women, youth, and persons with disability;
- Proven effectiveness in relationships with counterparts, partners, and clients, and strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated drafting and report writing skills;
- Previous experience managing USG-funded programs of similar scale and scope highly preferred; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Proficiency in Sinhala and/or Tamil preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV by August 11, 2017 to email@example.com with the position listed in the subject line. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
ASEAN at 50: Walking a Tightrope?
August 9, 2017
Labor Migration: A Gender-Neutral Lens to Human Trafficking
July 12, 2017
In.CoDe: Indonesia’s Competition for Civic Tech Apps
CNBC: APEC Connect App to Crack the Export Market
July 7, 2017
New York Minute: The Asia Foundation Helps Women Economically, Socially, and Politically
July 7, 2017
Girls Empowerment Storybook Collection Now Available from Let’s Read!
July 3, 2017