December 9, 2011 — Robert Scalapino, Asia Foundation trustee from 1983-2004, passed away on November 1 at the age of 92. In addition to his commitment to the Foundation, he was the Robson Research Professor of Government & Emeritus of Political Science, University of California-Berkeley. He founded UC Berkeley’s Institute of East Asian Studies and also founded the National Committee on U.S.-China Relations. Professor Scalapino’s highly respected work on East Asia spanned more than 50 years. In 2010, the National Bureau of Asian Research and the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars established the Scalapino Prize, to honor his legacy. The Asia Foundation’s Gordon Hein presented a tribute to Professor Scalapino at a 2010 event that you can read in our blog, In Asia.
Assistant Director, Global Communications
- The Asia Foundation Signs Memorandum of Understanding with the Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar and Appoints Country Representative for Myanmar
May 14, 2013
- Asia Foundation Co-Hosts Conference in Melbourne on Future of International Development in Asia
May 13, 2013
- Subnational Conflicts in Asia: Can Foreign Aid Help?
Event: Monday, June 17, 2013
- US Ambassador To ASEAN David Carden Speaks At Asia Foundation In San Francisco
May 6, 2013
- Video Democracy - Perspectives of Mongolian Citizens
- Multimedia Feature Asian Perspectives: Asian Approaches to Development
- Video Access to Trade and Growth of Women's SMEs in APEC Developing Economies
- Slideshow The Asia Foundation's Official Visit with Myanmar President U Thein Sein
- Video The Asia Foundation's Environment Programs
- Video Daw Aung San Suu Kyi at The Asia Foundation - September 28, 2012