May 1, 2012 — On March 8, 2012, Dr. Ashraf Ghani spoke at a private informal lunch at Asia Foundation headquarters in San Francisco to brief gathered guests on the upcoming transition in Afghanistan. A former grantee and long-time friend of The Asia Foundation, Dr. Ghani, Afghanistan’s former Finance Minister and former Special Advisor to the UN Secretary General on Afghanistan, now chairs the Afghan Transition Coordination Commission. The Commission oversees the transition of security, governance, and economic development responsibilities for Afghanistan, from the international community to Afghan government institutions, through 2014. Foundation Trustee Theodore Eliot, U.S. Ambassador to Afghanistan from 1973-1978, who has known Dr. Ghani since his time in Kabul, introduced Dr. Ghani and moderated the discussion. Dr. Ghani said the crucial thing is for Afghans to voice their vision for the future, and for the country to focus on economic development.
Assistant Director, Global Communications
- The Asia Foundation Signs Memorandum of Understanding with the Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar and Appoints Country Representative for Myanmar
May 14, 2013
- Asia Foundation Co-Hosts Conference in Melbourne on Future of International Development in Asia
May 13, 2013
- Subnational Conflicts in Asia: Can Foreign Aid Help?
Event: Monday, June 17, 2013
- US Ambassador To ASEAN David Carden Speaks At Asia Foundation In San Francisco
May 6, 2013
- Video Democracy - Perspectives of Mongolian Citizens
- Multimedia Feature Asian Perspectives: Asian Approaches to Development
- Video Access to Trade and Growth of Women's SMEs in APEC Developing Economies
- Slideshow The Asia Foundation's Official Visit with Myanmar President U Thein Sein
- Video The Asia Foundation's Environment Programs
- Video Daw Aung San Suu Kyi at The Asia Foundation - September 28, 2012