May 1, 2012 — On March 8, 2012, Dr. Ashraf Ghani spoke at a private informal lunch at Asia Foundation headquarters in San Francisco to brief gathered guests on the upcoming transition in Afghanistan. A former grantee and long-time friend of The Asia Foundation, Dr. Ghani, Afghanistan’s former Finance Minister and former Special Advisor to the UN Secretary General on Afghanistan, now chairs the Afghan Transition Coordination Commission. The Commission oversees the transition of security, governance, and economic development responsibilities for Afghanistan, from the international community to Afghan government institutions, through 2014. Foundation Trustee Theodore Eliot, U.S. Ambassador to Afghanistan from 1973-1978, who has known Dr. Ghani since his time in Kabul, introduced Dr. Ghani and moderated the discussion. Dr. Ghani said the crucial thing is for Afghans to voice their vision for the future, and for the country to focus on economic development.
Assistant Director, Global Communications
- The Asia Foundation Supports National Philippine Conversation on Bangsamoro and Beyond
October 16, 2014
- The Atlantic Highlights 2013 Afghan Survey
October 16, 2014
- The Asia Foundation and Sri Lanka Telecom Celebrate 10 Years of "Spreading the wealth of knowledge"
October 15, 2014
- The Asia Foundation Hosts "ASEAN Matters: A Conversation with U.S. Ambassadors to Asia"
October 10, 2014
- Slideshow 2014 Asia Foundation Development Forum
- Slideshow 60th Anniversary Gala
- Video 60th Anniversary Gala - Honoring The Merali Foundation
- Video 60th Anniversary - Honorable George P. Shultz
- Video 60th Anniversary - California Senator Dianne Feinstein
- Slideshow The Asia Foundation Timeline
- Slideshow Critical Issues: Women's Participation
- Slideshow Critical Issues: Transparency & Accountability