Asia Foundation Development Fellows: Apply
The online application is now closed. Application period for the following fellowship year begins in the fall. Please check back later for further updates.
STEP 1) CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY
Asia Foundation Development Fellows must:
- Have a demonstrable record of high achievement, and must show evidence of outstanding potential for professional advancement and significant impact in their chosen field;
- Have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation's fields of expertise – governance and law, economic development, women's empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation;
- Have outstanding personal character and integrity;
- Be thoughtful, committed, respected and inspirational leaders within their professional fields and within their larger community;
- Be under 40 years of age by the time of selection: January 1, 2014;
- Be conversant in English (TOEFL exam results are not required);
- Be available and able to participate in all program components on April 4-13 and September 7-19, 2014; and
- Be resident nationals or citizens of the following countries where The Asia Foundation has programs: Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Cambodia; China; India; Indonesia; Japan, Korea; Laos; Malaysia; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Pakistan; Philippines; Singapore; Sri Lanka; Thailand; Timor-Leste; and Vietnam.
For further information on eligibility, be sure to read our Frequently Asked Questions. You may also direct your inquiries to the Asia Foundation Development Fellows staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 2) PREPARE FOR THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Review and follow the Application Guidelines and Instructions containing detailed information on how to complete each component of the application. Please read the instructions carefully as any major errors will result in the disqualification of your application.
Download Application Guidelines and Instructions for the 2014 Fellowship Year (PDF)
The Application has two primary components:
1. Online Application form
- Personal information
- Supplementary materials: CV and transcript
- Reference contact details
2. Two Letters of Reference
In preparation for the application process, please secure the following:
- Your passport information
- An electronic copy of your unofficial transcript (for upload)
- An electronic version of your Resume/CV (for upload)
- A video recording device such as a cellphone, webcam, or digital/video camera
STEP 3) ONLINE APPLICATION
The online application is now closed and will become available again for the following fellowship year.