Call for Submissions: “Love Laos: Keep it Clean” Short Film Competition on Littering and Recycling
September 2, 2016 — The Asia Foundation is embarking on a new campaign surrounding waste management called “Love Laos; Keep it Clean” and wants your films to be part of it! We are looking for short film or public service announcements (short films with a message to the public) related to waste, litter, and proper disposal.
The selected film will be used in an ongoing public awareness campaign. These films will be shown on the main screen at this year’s Luang Prabang Film Festival (2-7 December 2016). The winning filmmakers will also receive the following prizes:
- 1st Prize: $1,500 USD
- 2nd Prize: $1,000 USD
- 3rd Prize: $500 USD
- Viral Prize: $500 USD– Given to the filmmaker whose PSA receives the most “likes” on Facebook (after a selection of finalists are posted by the Luang Prabang Film Festival)
All you need to do is make a short PSA (no more than three minutes) on one or more of the following topics, and submit your film by 1 November 2016:
- Cleaning up litter is one way you can protect the environment.
- Dispose of waste properly, when at home or in public. Do not leave on the ground.
- Littering can be harmful to everyone’s health.
- There are many ways to reuse and recycle the waste you produce.
- Disposing of waste properly is showing love for your country.
- Different ways a family can reduce the amount of waste they produce.
- Burning garbage is bad for the environment and our health.
- Food scraps shouldn’t go to the dump. They can be used as natural fertilizer for your garden.
- Plastics don’t decompose. Consider reusable bags and bottles instead.
- Proper disposal of waste is everyone’s responsibility.
Terms of Participation:
- The writer/director of the PSA must be a Lao national.
- Multiple films can be submitted by a single filmmaker.
- The PSA must be in the Lao language. (English subtitling is not necessary.)
- The Asia Foundation will assume shared rights to all of the finalist films with the filmmakers.
- All content within the film (footage, soundtrack, concept) must belong to the filmmaker.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
Deadline: November 1, 2016Submission form
For questions or more information, please contact Ms Somsanith Mounphoxay at The Asia Foundation.
Your completed submission form must be emailed to email@example.com, along with a link to download your film. To submit the film by DVD or USB drive, deliver it (with an additional hard copy of your submission form) to the following address by 1 November 2016:
The Asia Foundation
Attn: Somsanith Mounphoxay
23 Singha Road
Phonxay Village, Saysattha District
Vientiane, Lao PDR
Tel: +856 (21) 454 304
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
Our Predictions for 2021, Following a Year That Defied Prediction
January 19, 2021
Virtual Event – Don’t Mess With Me: Combating Gender-based Violence in South Asia Through Art and Engagement
Wednesday, February 17, 2021
The Asia Foundation Supports APEC Policy Brief on Women, Covid-19, and the Future of Work
January 4, 2021
North Korean Refugee Entrepreneurs in South Korea: Unveiling Korea’s Hidden Potential
December 30, 2020
Impact Report 2020
Leading through change