Deadline: April 22, 2019
This position is open to Thai nationals only.
The Asia Foundation’s Thailand office is seeking qualified applicants for an accountant to perform duties and responsible for the following tasks as follows:
- Manage and control ‘Cash Payment’ processes to ensure that payments are made accurately and timely. Relevant controls are also in place.
- Prepare payment vouchers, verify correct account codes, charge strings as well as the validity of supporting documents before passing to director of Finance.
- Ensure all signatures are obtained for approval.
- Process e-payments.
- Issue withholding tax certificates.
- Review weekly cash sheet to ensure its accuracy before submission via local processing.
- Monitor cash flow and prepare fund request on a weekly basis.
- Prepare bank reconciliation, perform and document cash count on a monthly basis.
- Ensure the Foundation’s financial data are accurate and in compliance with Thai law and regulations and Foundation policies.
- Perform month-end (including year-end) account closing. Completeness, accuracy and timeliness are required.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliation to ensure its accuracy and completeness.
- Monitor and follow up business advances to avoid long outstanding balances over 60 days.
- Prepare Journal Vouchers for account adjustments (as appropriate).
- Prepare year-end schedules.
- All financial data and reports as required by Financial Services in headquarter are submitted as per agreed timelines.
- Provide support to Program team and Regional units in preparing or reviewing Employee Expense Report (EER for staff travel) and Program Expense Report (PER for program advance clearing), ensuring relevant supporting documents are attached.
- Maintain and update Fixed Assets Register on a timely basis. Perform an annual physical check.
- Run reports and save in shared drive to facilitate other units to easily access to the reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- At least 2 years of experience in accounting field.
- IT skills including experience in using MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), email, SharePoint.
- Ability to work under pressure while ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal, team work and communication skills and able to maintain good relationships with colleagues and external counterparts and stakeholders.
- Effective communication including good written and oral English language skills.
- Experience working with NGOs is an advantage.
- Thai citizen (required).
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV by April 22, 2019 to email@example.com with the position title listed in the subject line. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
Let’s Read Dismantles Barriers to Literacy by Uniting Technology and Local Communities in Asia’s Free Digital Library for Children
April 15, 2019
Watching and Waiting: Indonesia’s Upcoming Elections
April 10, 2019
Decentralizing Power: The Role of State and Region Governments in Myanmar’s Energy Sector
April 5, 2019
Devex Spotlights The Asia Foundation and DFAT Partner Programs
April 5, 2019
2019 Lotus Leadership Awards Dinner
Wednesday May 29, 2019, San Francisco
Honoring Jennifer Cabalquinto, CFO of the Golden State Warriors, and Lana Condor, Actor and Philanthropist
2019 Lotus Leadership Awards Gala
Wednesday, May 29, 2019, San Francisco