Accounts Assistant, Malaysia
Deadline: August 1, 2022
This position is open to Malaysian nationals only.
The Asia Foundation is a nonprofit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, our work across the region is focused on good governance, women’s empowerment and gender equality, inclusive economic growth, environment and climate action, and regional and international relations.
The Asia Foundation’s Malaysia office seeks a qualified and motivated Malaysian national for an accounts assistant role, a local full-time contract position based in Kuala Lumpur, to commence immediately.
The accounts assistant will support the finance director in:
- Recording accounting transactions to QuickBooks accounting system.
- Processing payment of invoices, staff claims, and payroll, including statutory contribution, debit notes, and others via check and online banking, and then generating the Payment Vouchers.
- Preparing journal entries for reversal, credit card transactions, and others, generating journal vouchers, and uploading journals to local processing.
- Preparing bank reconciliation and uploading to local processing.
- Creating timesheet template for staff and uploading to local timesheet center.
- Processing petty cash reimbursement and recording transactions.
- Maintaining an orderly filing system.
- Updating staff medical claims tracking system.
- Updating staff vacation leave and sick leave tracking system.
- Checking financial reports against supporting documents submitted by grantees, partners, and others.
- Any other duties as assigned by the finance director and country representative.
- Minimum diploma in Accountancy or professional certificates.
- Minimum one year of finance and accounting experience. Fresh graduates may be considered. Expertise and skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel and Word).
- On-the-job training will be provided.