Administrative Assistant, General Services, San Francisco
Location: San Francisco
Deadline: November 18, 2019
In an increasingly complex and changing world, we believe that a peaceful and engaged Asia is of critical global importance. We work with innovative leaders and communities to build effective institutions and advance path-breaking reforms. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, The Asia Foundation’s programs address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation. These are just some of the ways we encourage Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
Are you smart, with a warm personality, and committed to helping others? Are you enthusiastic when greeting clients and visitors? We are looking for an administrative assistant/receptionist to perform a broad range of administrative and reception duties. Reporting to the General Services manager, the administrative assistant/receptionist will ensure efficient and smooth day-to-day operations at the front desk and will work as part of a team assisting other units with assigned tasks. The ideal candidate is professional, unflappable, diplomatic, demonstrates excellent oral and written communications, has time-management and organizational skills, enjoys troubleshooting, and comfortably uses MS Office suite and other standard office equipment. If this sounds like the role for you, please apply today!
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets clients and visitors and calls staff to announce
- Answers telephone in a professional and friendly manner and routes calls
- Signs for deliveries and notifies staff
- Manages day-to-day mail-room operations (including daily pick up and distribution, stamping outgoing mail, preparing country office shipments, assisting staff with DHL and FedEx, and other duties as assigned)
- Acts as a resource for administrative procedures and policies
Administrative Assistant Role:
- Processes invoices, credit card reconciliations and reimbursements for unit
- Assists with inventory tracking and control
- Works with other units as assigned
- AA or BA degree with work experience
- At least one year in a receptionist role and two years in an administrative assistant role
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Experience using SharePoint (or the ability to learn it)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to contribute positively as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize work or ask for assistance doing so
- Desire to be proactive and contribute to a good experience for others
- Ability to follow directions and exercise good judgement
- Willingness to both give and receive constructive feedback
- Assist with floor warden duties (attend safety trainings)
- Other duties as assigned
The Foundation offers excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
Women’s Entrepreneurship in Korea: Tapping a Potent Source of National Prosperity
November 20, 2019
Washington, DC Public Program: The Asia Foundation’s 2019 Survey of the Afghan People
Tuesday, December 3, 2019
Peripheral Vision: Views from the Borderlands – Fall 2019
November 18, 2019
The Asia Foundation and the Asian Development Bank Host Livable Cities Forum
November 15, 2019
Mobilizing Changemakers for our Sustainable Future
Meet Akshat Singhal and Sohara Mehroze, two of our 2019 Asia Foundation Development Fellows.