Assistant Program Officer, PeaceConnect, Iligan City, Philippines
Deadline: July 20, 2019
This position is open to Filipino nationals only.
The Asia Foundation is a non-profit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, our programs address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century—governance, law, economic development, and regional cooperation. In addition, our Books for Asia and professional exchange programs are among the ways we encourage Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
The successful candidate will support the “Restoring Mutual Trust in Mindanao through People to People Engagement Project,” also known as PeaceConnect, a USAID-funded initiative of The Asia Foundation. Specifically, the position involves the following tasks:
- Provide the needed administrative and logistical support to the project
- Provide technical support to the overall project’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning system
- Regularly update and maintain PeaceConnect Database and Dashboard
- Prepare monthly schedule of activities for project calendar
- Support in the preparation of progress reports, annual progress reports, project completion report and other reports as may be required
- Manage the unit’s filing systems, both electronic and hard copy
- Prepare letters of grants to partners, letters of amendment and letters of contract and correspondences related to the various projects administered by the team;
- Provide support to other on-going programs and activities of the Foundation as may be necessary and as requested by programs concern.
- Education and experience: University degree in relevant field including Finance, Statistics, Social Work and Community Development.
Qualifications: Minimum of 2 years of related work experience. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Filipino. Must be computer proficient in Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, and database management. Must have strong time management skills and professional organizational abilities. Must have ability to self-manage, able to multi-task, strong attention to details, independently prioritize tasks and confidently develop plans of action with minimal direction. Must be willing to travel to conflict affected areas in Mindanao for substantial period.
Click here for more details about this position. Interested applicants should also complete the Foundation Application Form and send with a letter of intent to email@example.com on or before July 20, 2019.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
The Asia Foundation and APEC Chile Host Panel Discussion on Women’s Entrepreneurship in the Digital Age
October 4, 2019
Wall Street Journal Quotes Abdullah Ahmadzai on Afghan Elections
October 1, 2019
On the Anniversary of Independence, How Secure Is Timor-Leste?
September 25, 2019
The Gender Lab: Engaging Boys to Advance Gender Equality in India
New York City
Friday, September 27, 2019
Mobilizing Changemakers for our Sustainable Future
Meet Akshat Singhal and Sohara Mehroze, two of our 2019 Asia Foundation Development Fellows.