Assistant Program Officer, Project CIRCLE, Philippines
This position is open to Filipino nationals only.
In an increasingly complex and interconnected world, Asia plays a crucial global role. Would you be excited at the prospect of employing your knowledge and skills to improve lives, expand opportunities, and help societies flourish across this dynamic region? You could have this opportunity at The Asia Foundation.
Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, we address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation. We work with innovative leaders and communities to build effective institutions and advance path-breaking reforms. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
In 2019, The Asia Foundation through funding from the Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, launched Communities of Inclusion and Resilience through Collaborative Local Engagements (Project CIRCLE). Project CIRCLE aims to reduce the vulnerabilities of at-risk communities to the threat of violent extremism through effective LGU-led interventions. Specifically, the project focuses on four inter-locking strategies: 1) Enhancing the capacity of select partner local government units (LGUs) in Mindanao in preventing violent extremism (PVE), 2) Designing LGU-led strategies to PVE, 3) Facilitate shared learning among LGUs, and 4) Providing inputs and success stories inform national PVE policies. If you share the same vision and commitment, we invite you to fill in the below vacancies:
The assistant program officer will assist the project manager in ensuring effective planning, implementation, and monitoring of Project CIRCLE activities. S/he will provide technical and administrative support to Project CIRCLE activities in the municipality of Patikul and the provincial government of Sulu. The successful applicant will be in-charge of coordinating project activities and will work closely with partner LGUs, CSOs, and consultants. S/he will likewise assist in collecting information, systematizing documentation, and providing necessary support to project partners to ensure the proper execution of project activities.
- The successful candidate should have at least two (2) years related professional experience with an undergraduate degree in the field of Social Science, Public Management, Economics, or related fields.
- S/he should have deep knowledge and familiarity with the context and history of the province of Sulu, its political landscape, peacebuilding efforts, development initiatives, governance and security related matters, to include prevention of violent extremism.
- S/he must be fluent in Tausug and have strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Filipino.
- S/he must have exposure to the implementation, monitoring, and reporting for development projects.
- Strong experience in facilitating LGU capacity building and creation of Barangay Development Plans, working with government agencies, security sector, and civil society is desirable.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate ability to work independently and under pressure.
Click here for more details about this position. Interested applicants should also complete the Foundation Application Form and send with a letter of intent to [email protected] on or before June 20, 2021.The application period for his position is now closed.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
2020 Annual Report
Addressing the global crisis