Assistant Program Officers, Youth Leadership for Democracy, Philippines
This position is open to Filipino nationals only.
The Asia Foundation is a nonprofit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, our programs address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century—governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation. In addition, our Books for Asia and professional exchange programs are among the ways we encourage Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
One of our projects is Youth Leadership for Democracy (YouthLed). This project aims to strengthen youth participation in democratic governance. It promotes youth leadership as an important element of representative democracy and the youth sector as a core actor and concern in vibrant and resilient democracies. The program will advance youth leadership and youth sector political engagement in the Philippines through three interrelated components: increasing the leadership capacity of youth, strengthening networks for youth participation in governance, and translating civil education into civic engagement. This project seeks three assistant program officers.
The focus of the role will be administrative support to the rest of the YouthLed team. Successful recruits are expected to have an entry-level understanding of project management and should be open and willing to learn Foundation systems and processes. They will operate in compliance with the ethics, procedures, and policies of The Asia Foundation and with USAID rules and regulations.
- The successful candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of professional experience, preferably with development organizations. Some exposure to implementation, monitoring, and reporting for development projects would be an advantage.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Filipino.
- Should be computer proficient in MS Office, spreadsheets, and database management.
- Must have acumen in financial management, strong time management skills, and professional organizational abilities.
- Should have the ability to self-manage, multi-task, strong attention to details, independently prioritize tasks, and confidently develop plans of action with minimal supervision.
More details about this position. Interested applicants should also complete the Foundation Application Form and send it with a letter of intent to [email protected] on or before 4 pm on September 21, 2021.