Assistant Program Officer, SaferKidsPH, Philippines
Deadline: January 18, 2022
This position is open to Filipino nationals only.
The Asia Foundation is a nonprofit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, our work across the region is focused on good governance, women’s empowerment and gender equality, inclusive economic growth, environment and climate action, and regional and international relations.
The assistant program officer (based in Mandaluyong City) will be responsible for assisting the program officer in the implementation of the SaferKidsPH project. The successful applicant will assist with the day-to-day activities of the project including preparation of the required reports to the consortium, coordination with the Department of Social Welfare and Development, Inter-Agency Council Against Child Pornography, law enforcement agencies working with women and children, the Committee on Family Courts and Juvenile Concerns, CSOs and other government and civil society partners involved in the implementation of the project. The successful recruit will consult with Finance and Administration staff on logistical, administrative, and financial aspects of the project.
The assistant program officer will closely coordinate and liaise with consultants, stakeholders, and partners to ensure their support on relevant project activities and reporting requirements. The successful recruit will prepare letters of grant to partners and letters of contract to consultants and monitor their deliverables and financial requirements. This position will provide administrative and logistical assistance to the program on travel arrangements, events/training/workshop organizing, and other regional programming activities.
- Bachelor’s degree with two or more years of relevant internship and/or working experience, which could be with NGOs, institutional partners, international organizations and/or Child Rights NGOs.
- Has a general interest in the legislative, policy, and practice requirements relating to child rights advocacy, child protection policy implementation, and ability to apply to case practice and decision making.
- General interest and ability to participate in critical reflection, applying theoretical frameworks and referring to research, practice, and literature that inform the implementation of the Project and decision-making at a basic level.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are essential.
- Strong time management skills and professional organizational abilities.
- Computer proficient in word processing, spreadsheets and database management.
- Should have strong project management skills and professional organizational abilities.
- Strong track record of working independently and in a diverse team environment.