Budget and Contracts Manager, Public Sector Development Services
Location: San Francisco
*** This position will remain open until filled ***
In an increasingly complex and changing world, we believe that a peaceful and engaged Asia is of critical global importance. We work with innovative leaders and communities to build effective institutions and advance path-breaking reforms. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, The Asia Foundation’s programs address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and international cooperation. These are just some of the ways we support Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
The Asia Foundation’s Public Sector Development Services Unit in San Francisco seeks a budgets and contracts manager who will provide budget and cost analyses and recommendations on the Foundation’s unsolicited and solicited proposals to bilateral and multilateral funders. Reporting to the director for budgets and contracts, this position will support the development, review, and submission of the Foundation’s cost proposals. Other related tasks include developing cost/pricing strategies, participating in meetings related to program design; drafting budget notes; and preparing all necessary forms, representations, certifications, and other required cost data.
- A minimum of seven years of experience working on cost applications or proposals with international donors, especially USAID and the Department of State. The applicant will have knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), AIDAR, USAID Standard Provisions, 2 CFR 200 and 700, and other relevant federal regulations. Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Finance, Public Administration, International Development, Business, or related fields.
- Preparing complicated Excel spreadsheets and budgets.
- Applying relevant cost principles, budgeting methodologies, and cost presentations of U.S. and non-US funders.
- Communicating clearly and concisely budget concepts and procedures and budget narratives and justifications.
- Multitasking in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment.
- Reviewing proposal budgets and other cost materials accurately.
- Providing hands-on training regarding the above topics occasionally.
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, and other software. Outgoing, detail-oriented, very organized individual preferred, and must have the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently within strict deadlines in a team environment. The position involves international and domestic travel when allowed by the Foundation’s safe travel policy.
The budgets and contracts manager will work out of our San Francisco office. We will also consider hybrid and remote work arrangements.
Why work at The Asia Foundation?
At a critical moment in history, you will have the opportunity to help solve some of the toughest challenges in the development/aid sector. You will work with people who address environmental problems in the Asia region, improve access to legal information, enhance civil society, promote government engagement/collaboration, and encourage learning and awareness. You will work in an innovative environment and build lasting relationships. The Asia Foundation, its donors, and its partners are unmatched throughout the region.Apply now
The Foundation offers excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please.The application period for his position is now closed.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
Afghanistan Flash Surveys on Perceptions of Peace, Covid-19 & the Economy
April 29, 2021
Afghanistan Flash Surveys on Perceptions of Peace, Covid-19, and the Economy: Wave 3 Findings
April 28, 2021
Back-to-Back Spikes of Covid Wrack India, Nepal
April 28, 2021
Sustainable Fashion Pioneer Eileen Fisher and Sri Lanka’s Women In Need to be Honored at 2021 Lotus Leadership Awards
April 20, 2021
Impact Report 2020
Leading through change