Call for consultant to conduct statistical analysis for competition indicators
Deadline: October 22, 2021
In an increasingly complex and interconnected world, Asia plays a crucial global role. Would you be excited at the prospect of employing your knowledge and skills to improve lives, expand opportunities, and help societies flourish across this dynamic region? You could have this opportunity at The Asia Foundation. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, we address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation. We work with innovative leaders and communities to build effective institutions and advance path-breaking reforms. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
The Asia Foundation’s Thailand Office is seeking a qualified, talented consultant to conduct statistical analysis for competition indicators. This assignment will be used to support the Office of Trade Competition Commission (OTCC).
- Review relevant methodologies to calculate competition indicators and composite index.
- Review competition indicators already in OTCC’s database, link them up to composite index calculation and provide recommendations.
- Gather and calculate additional competition indicators to complete the composite index calculation.
- Input the data into a systematic arrangement for effective long-term management.
- Work with the index team to find the best calculation methodology for the competition index.
- At least 5 years of experience in statistics or econometrics.
- Master’s degree in related fields. Doctoral degree preferable.
- Past experience with statistics or econometrics in creating an index is a plus.
Please indicate your preferred compensation for the whole assignment (not a daily rate).