Chief of Party, USAID Philippines DELIVER
Deadline: October 29, 2018
The Asia Foundation, a non-profit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia, seeks an experienced chief of party for an anticipated USAID-funded project Delivering Effective Government for Competitiveness and Inclusive Growth (DELIVER), to strengthen Philippine government functions and improve government capacity needed to advance the country’s international competitiveness and boost overall trade and investment, with particular focus on small and medium enterprises (SME). Specific components of this project will seek to (a) improve fiscal performance, (b) facilitate infrastructure provision, and (c) boost the productivity of the SME sector.
The position will be based in Manila. S/he will be responsible for overall project management, including strategic vision and field team leadership; development and implementation of work plans, overseeing operational budgets and performance monitoring plans; liaising with USAID, government officials, other donors and partner organizations; identifying and mitigating program risks and ensuring achievement of project results and objectives. The chief of party will supervise key project staff and ensure compliance with ethics, procedures and policies of The Asia Foundation and USAID rules and regulations. The ideal candidate will have strategic vision, strong leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical expertise in economic development programming and delivery, and the professional reputation, management experience, interpersonal skills, and written and oral presentation skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the role.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID for procedural and substantive matters, and be responsible for quality control of technical activities, procurement, personnel, reporting, and other management-related requirements of the project;
- Provide technical leadership for program activities including conceptualizing, designing, implementing and monitoring innovative, cutting-edge programming activities;
- Build and manage relationships with partners and USAID counterparts in Manila, including meeting and consulting regularly with USAID regarding the program’s performance and direction; and
- Supervise a multicultural team of professionals and experts across technical and functional areas.
- Minimum eight (8) years of relevant professional experience in a senior management position in a program of similar magnitude, preferably in the area of economic development and in the Philippines, or a country with similar context
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders including government representatives, civil society, donors, and the private sector.
- Proven success and exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of similar sized USAID and other international donor-supported programs, with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting, and preferably experience in managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in Tagalog desired.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV by October 29, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title listed in the subject line. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
Asia's free library for children