Civil Society Strengthening Specialist, FORWARD Bangsamoro Project, Philippines
Deadline: October 15, 2019
The Asia Foundation is a non-profit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, our programs address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century—governance, law, economic development, and regional cooperation. In addition, our Books for Asia and professional exchange programs are among the ways we encourage Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
The civil society strengthening specialist will link and support relations between BARMM/BTA and civil society, proactively influencing and supporting civil society organizations (CSOs) to play a constructive role in the Bangsamoro. This position will work with BARMM and BTA to design and establish the partnership spaces for civil society with sustainability and long-term participatory governance as priorities. This role will actively work with civil society to engender programs that facilitate greater engagement among citizens of BARMM and the government. This position will work with the chief of party, capacity development specialist, and the project team overall to deliver results.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree in the field of Governance, Economics, Social Science or Public Management is desirable.
- Minimum of six (6) years experience with master’s degree or seven (7) years experience without master’s degree; Knowledge and familiarity with government in the Philippines.
- Experience working with ARMM/BARMM and local government in Bangsamoro with understanding of historical and cultural context leading to the present; strong network among civil society groups including academic.
- Preferable to have experience working with or for multiple CSOs within BARMM and a strong knowledge of how civil society can inform government.
- Experience in project management: design, coordination, monitoring, reporting and networking.
Click here for more details about this position. Interested applicants should also complete the Foundation Application Form and send with a letter of intent to email@example.com on or before October 15, 2019.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
The Asia Foundation and APEC Chile Host Panel Discussion on Women’s Entrepreneurship in the Digital Age
October 4, 2019
Wall Street Journal Quotes Abdullah Ahmadzai on Afghan Elections
October 1, 2019
On the Anniversary of Independence, How Secure Is Timor-Leste?
September 25, 2019
The Gender Lab: Engaging Boys to Advance Gender Equality in India
New York City
Friday, September 27, 2019
Mobilizing Changemakers for our Sustainable Future
Meet Akshat Singhal and Sohara Mehroze, two of our 2019 Asia Foundation Development Fellows.