Civil Society Strengthening Specialist, FORWARD Bangsamoro Project, Philippines
Deadline: October 15, 2019
The Asia Foundation is a non-profit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, our programs address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century—governance, law, economic development, and regional cooperation. In addition, our Books for Asia and professional exchange programs are among the ways we encourage Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
The civil society strengthening specialist will link and support relations between BARMM/BTA and civil society, proactively influencing and supporting civil society organizations (CSOs) to play a constructive role in the Bangsamoro. This position will work with BARMM and BTA to design and establish the partnership spaces for civil society with sustainability and long-term participatory governance as priorities. This role will actively work with civil society to engender programs that facilitate greater engagement among citizens of BARMM and the government. This position will work with the chief of party, capacity development specialist, and the project team overall to deliver results.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree in the field of Governance, Economics, Social Science or Public Management is desirable.
- Minimum of six (6) years experience with master’s degree or seven (7) years experience without master’s degree; Knowledge and familiarity with government in the Philippines.
- Experience working with ARMM/BARMM and local government in Bangsamoro with understanding of historical and cultural context leading to the present; strong network among civil society groups including academic.
- Preferable to have experience working with or for multiple CSOs within BARMM and a strong knowledge of how civil society can inform government.
- Experience in project management: design, coordination, monitoring, reporting and networking.
Click here for more details about this position. Interested applicants should also complete the Foundation Application Form and send with a letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before October 15, 2019.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
Making Agricultural Land More Bankable and Tradeable
February 24, 2020
The Advanced Middle-Income Challenge and the Future of Bilateral Aid: An Interview with William Cole
February 19, 2020