Compliance Review Specialist, Indonesia
*** This position will remain open until filled ***
This is a three-week contract position in Jakarta, Indonesia. The duration of the consultancy should not exceed 15 work days.
Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, The Asia Foundation addresses critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation. We work with innovative leaders and communities to build effective institutions and advance path-breaking reforms. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
The Asia Foundation is the lead implementer of the USAID Local Governance Enabling Environment (ERAT) Activity. The goal of this five-year, USD38 million contract is for the citizens of Indonesia to benefit from effective local government by increasing the quality of policy implementation and service delivery at the subnational level. ERAT advances this goal by supporting technically sound and politically feasible solutions to improve local governance and service delivery, particularly for the poor, women, and marginalized groups, focusing on service delivery at the subnational level. ERAT establishes governance systems to enhance oversight mechanisms and effectively manage key service processes; strengthens coherence between national and subnational policies; enhances the performance of local service delivery; and improves local budget allocation and execution.
In its second year of implementation, ERAT is fully engaged in project activities after a successful startup period and the first year of implementation. As a critical project for The Asia Foundation, and with the aim of continued operational excellence and best practice, the Foundation is reviewing the compliance aspects of the ERAT project, to be concluded within FY22.
The Asia Foundation seeks a compliance review specialist to perform a review of the Foundation’s internal processes in managing the ERAT project, focusing specifically on finance, procurement, HR, and related systems and practices to ensure the highest level of ERAT compliance with USAID, The Asia Foundation, and Government of Indonesia policies and regulations.
The consultant will prepare a final report, submitted to the Foundation, with a diagnosis of any areas that can be improved, and recommendations for implementation of those improvements. The consultant will require travel to Indonesia, if not based in Indonesia, for meetings with project staff and stakeholders, in addition to desk review of relevant documents and processes.
Scope of Work
The specific duties and responsibilities of the consultant will include, but are not limited to:
- Draft initial plan of review for approval by activity director.
- Conduct an entry meeting (to present scope and plan for the review) and exit meeting (to present highlights of findings and recommendations) with the Foundation’s Indonesia and ERAT senior management teams.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of ERAT’s financial, procurement, and HR processes to ensure compliance with USAID, Asia Foundation, and Government of Indonesia policies and regulations.
- Conduct desk review of Asia Foundation policies, procedures, and systems as related to ERAT.
- Meet with key project stakeholders, project staff, and others as relevant to determine overall compliance with policies.
- Draft final presentation of findings and recommendations to the Foundation.
- Draft final report for submission to the Foundation analyzing overall compliance, and with recommendations for improvement to Asia Foundation systems.
This review will utilize desk review and document analysis, as well as consultation with key stakeholders and project staff.
- 10+ years working in the implementation and audit of international development programs.
- Expertise in USAID contracts, i.e. subcontracting, grants under contract, procurement, finance, HR, travel policies, and other areas of compliance.
- Knowledge of Government of Indonesia regulations as related to bilateral aid and INGOs will be useful.
- Knowledge of USAID contractor systems.
Learn more about this position and apply on Ultipro.
The Foundation offers excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please.