Development Associate, Resource Development
Location: San Francisco
In an increasingly complex and interconnected world, Asia plays a crucial global role. Would you be excited at the prospect of employing your knowledge and skills to improve lives, expand opportunities, and help societies flourish across this dynamic region? You could have this opportunity at The Asia Foundation.
Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, we address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation. We work with innovative leaders and communities to build effective institutions and advance path-breaking reforms. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- The development associate is responsible for day-to-day donor communication and stewardship. S/he is also responsible for coordinating fundraising, cultivation, and stewardship events. The development associate plays a pivotal role in the Resource Development team to raise $50M+ by 2022 as part of the Change Starts Here campaign. Other campaigns will follow.
- The development associate coordinates fundraising strategies, implements fundraising initiatives directed toward new donors, and maintains relationships with existing donors. These duties are accomplished by scheduling meetings; assist in developing campaign materials and collateral; preparing materials and presentations; producing acknowledgments for donors; developing donor briefings; organizing fundraising galas and cultivation events; utilizing traditional and electronic donor communication vehicles; and other related tasks.
- S/he reports to the philanthropy operations manager and works closely with the chief philanthropy officer. Other internal relationships include the Office of the President, Global Communications, and several program and field office staff.
- One or more years of experience in fundraising, public relations, marketing, or sales
- Experience using customer or donor databases, preferably the Raiser’s Edge
- Understanding of donor prospecting, moves management, and restricted versus unrestricted funds
- Strong writing skills including the ability to adhere to style guides
- Customer focused with strong verbal skills and a high level of diplomacy and tact
- Deadline oriented with the ability to prioritize competing tasks and work on multiple projects
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Passionate about continuous learning and professional development
- Bachelor’s Degree
WHY WORK FOR THE ASIA FOUNDATION?
At a critical moment in history, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development, stability, and growth of the Asia region. You will help promote a more constructive engagement between government and citizens and advance learning and awareness about The Asia Foundation. You will work with and learn from dedicated, smart, and accomplished colleagues and local partners, and, in the process, improve your skills and expertise.Apply now
The Foundation offers excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
Afghanistan in 2018: A Survey of the Afghan People
The longest-running and broadest nationwide survey of Afghan attitudes and opinions.