Development Officer, San Francisco
Location: San Francisco
Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, The Asia Foundation addresses critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation. We work with innovative leaders and communities to build effective institutions and advance path-breaking reforms. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
The Development Officer is responsible for day-to-day donor communication and stewardship. They are the point person responsible for coordinating fundraising, cultivation, and stewardship events. The Development Officer is pivotal in proactively identifying and qualifying potential donors while diligently monitoring existing donors to foster deeper engagement and strengthen relationships. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional attention to detail, exhibit strong organizational abilities, and demonstrate adeptness in effectively managing relationships within and across departments, driving success for the entire team. We welcome applicants who possess outstanding soft skills, can make a meaningful impact, and are eager to join our mission-driven team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate fundraising strategies
- Implement fundraising initiatives directed toward new donors
- Maintain relationships with existing donors
- Produce acknowledgment letters for donors
- Assisting in developing campaign materials and collateral
- Preparing materials for presentations
- Organize fundraising galas and cultivation events
- Develop donor briefings
- Manage and schedule meetings
- Provide administrative support for frontline fundraisers
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of experience in fundraising, public relations, marketing, or sales
- Strong writing skills and the ability to adhere to style guides
- Customer-focused with strong verbal skills and a high level of diplomacy and tact
- Knowledge of traditional and electronic donor communication vehicles
- Deadline-oriented with the ability to prioritize competing tasks and work on multiple projects
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Experience using customer or donor databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge
- Understanding of donor prospecting and moves management
- Understanding of restricted versus unrestricted funds
Helpful to have
- Experience with graphic design software, preferably Canva
- Experience designing newsletters and other communications
- Experience assessing materials for board and committee meetings
Why work at The Asia Foundation?
At a critical moment in history, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development, stability, and growth of the Asia region. You will help promote a more constructive engagement between government and citizens and advance learning and awareness about The Asia Foundation. You will work with and learn from dedicated, intelligent, and accomplished colleagues and local partners and, in the process, improve your skills and expertise.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted by visiting our website. To be considered, please upload your cover letter and resume/CV in one document. You can also upload both in separate documents, but please note to do so, you will have to sign out of the system and go back into your record for additional documents.
Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
Compensation ranges from $60,000 to $77,500 annually.