Education Program Officer, Thailand
Deadline: July 4, 2022
This position is open to Thai nationals only.
The Asia Foundation’s office in Thailand seeks a Thai educator to lead the Education Program. The position will lead different initiatives of the Education Program such as the “Good Schools Are Everywhere” campaign the Foundation’s collaboration with MCOT HD to produce documentaries on education best practices around the country, “Thailand Learning” web portal, which was introduced for students during Covid-19 and other exciting initiatives and “Thailand Leadership” web portal, where the Foundation produced original content to empower Thai principals to become instructional leaders. The program officer will also be responsible for scaling up these programs to the wider education community and work with our partners in government, the private sector, and civil society. This position will entail significant cooperation with the Australian Government, the Office of Basic Education, and the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration. This position will be a central role in identifying opportunities for partnerships with the government and the private sector, key areas for reform, and technical assistance for government and private sector stakeholders to enable these important new areas for Thailand. The program officer position has an initial two-year contract term with the possibility of extension.
The Foundation works with extensive networks of educators around Thailand and the international community. This is a great opportunity to engage with critical and like-minded educators around the world.
The role will be expected to have extensive engagement with Thai government officials, and will ideally have strong knowledge of Thai policy-making processes. Likely program areas may include:
- Organizing policy dialogues that bring together researchers, policy-makers, civil society, and officials on education reforms.
- Design, manage and/or lead research efforts on these and related issues.
- Ongoing engagement with policy-makers, business leaders, government officials, experts on related issues, and the international community.
- Provide advice or technical support for Thai leaders and government agencies, as needed.
- Analysis of key international trends, and impact on Thailand’s education.
- Empower schools’ principals, teachers, and students.
- Establish lasting relationships between the Foundation and schools around Thailand.
- Manage administrative elements of project management.
The Foundation’s philosophy is to hire the most capable and talented people as first priority. Successful candidates will have work experience and academic qualifications in any of the following fields: Education, International Development, Political Science, Humanities, and Public Policy. Furthermore, the Foundation is particularly interested in candidates who are comfortable with public speaking, publishing and engaging with the government. Key qualifications include:
- Thai citizen (required)
- Extensive knowledge of the Thai education, and key education reform issues in Thailand.
- Extensive knowledge of education, empowerment, leadership, digital divide and learning, and other related issues in the Thai education sector.
- Experience working for, or engaging with, Thai Government agencies and policymakers involved in education.
- Experience in managing programs or initiatives to support policy reform.
- Experience conducting research, and publishing research outputs.
- Entrepreneurial approach, including track-record of building new networks and learning quickly about new policy areas.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Advanced university degree (master’s or doctoral) preferred but not required.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV by July 4, 2022 to [email protected] with the position title listed in the subject line. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.