Executive Assistant, Finance
Location: San Francisco
Deadline: September 16, 2019
The Asia Foundation improves lives, expands opportunities, and helps societies flourish across a dynamic and developing Asia. We work with innovative leaders and communities to build effective institutions and advance pathbreaking reforms. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
The Asia Foundation’s Finance unit in San Francisco seeks an executive assistant. The executive assistant plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth day-to-day operations for the vice president, Finance and chief financial officer (VP/CFO) of The Asia Foundation. The executive assistant provides executive-level administrative support to the VP/CFO which includes: scheduling/coordinating meetings, events, and conferences; preparing Board of Trustee committee presentations; making travel arrangements; submitting expense reports and corporate credit card reconciliations; phone duties from taking messages to screening calls; handling, preparing, and editing correspondences; supporting the other Finance team units (Program Finance, General Accounting, Budget Services, and Business Information Systems) and Global Information Systems; and acting as the liaison between the VP/CFO and all other Foundation units and country offices. The executive assistant also manages the Finance team’s SharePoint webpage and Microsoft Teams administration, B&P Task requests, FFATA registration, fraud reporting and tracking.
- Works closely with the Office of the President and maintains regular interaction with staff in all units and all country offices.
- Represents the Foundation to outside interests as necessary. Interaction with governmental agencies and funders as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum five years of experience working as an administrative assistant with at least two years supporting C-level executive management.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability required.
- Superior computer skills including advanced experience with Microsoft Office 365 (especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Pro-active work style and strong interpersonal communication skills, especially across all levels of an organization.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, and work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Flexible work style with the ability to work under tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Knowledge of the programs and operations of The Asia Foundation or similar non-profit or international organization helpful.
- Extensive knowledge of business and an excellent command of the English language.
- Willing and able to work flexible hours and travel as necessary.
- Answer and place phone calls for the VP/CFO; screen and identify callers; schedule telephone calls; maintain and update phone lists of frequently called individuals.
- Maintain VP/CFO’s Outlook calendar, schedule meetings for CFO and Finance managers, reserve conference rooms and ensure that any meeting materials reach the VP/CFO in advance of meetings.
- Compose and type the VP/CFO’s correspondence when requested. Mail and route correspondence and documents as needed.
- Perform routine clerical functions including arranging travel, completing expense reports and other general clerical functions associated with job. Assist in administrative duties, including distributing mail.
- Maintain the Finance team’s SharePoint webpages and act as the team’s SharePoint ambassador.
- Organize Finance team events. Edit and send out staff meeting notes.
- Order and maintain supplies for Finance.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
WHY WORK AT THE ASIA FOUNDATION?
At a critical moment in history, you will have the opportunity to help solve some of the toughest challenges in the development/aid sector. You will work with people who address environmental problems in the Asia region, improve access to legal information, enhance civil society, promote government engagement/collaboration, and encourage learning and awareness. You will work in an innovative environment and build lasting relationships. The Asia Foundation, its donors, and its partners are unmatched throughout the region. This is an opportunity to work with and learn from some of the most accomplished leaders, influencers, and social entrepreneurs working in and with Asia today.Apply now
The Foundation offers excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
The Advanced Middle-Income Challenge and the Future of Bilateral Aid: An Interview with William Cole
February 19, 2020
Asia Foundation Trustee Elizabeth Economy to Join Stanford University’s Hoover Institution
February 10, 2020