Finance and Administration Associate, Programs
Location: San Francisco
Deadline: May 7, 2021
In an increasingly complex and changing world, we believe that a peaceful and engaged Asia is of critical global importance. We work with innovative leaders and communities to build effective institutions and advance path-breaking reforms. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, The Asia Foundation’s programs address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and international cooperation. These are just some of the ways we encourage Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
The Asia Foundation’s San Francisco headquarters is seeking a Finance and Administration Associate to perform a broad range of financial, program support, and administrative duties with the Programs Unit. Reporting to the Associate Director, Programs the Finance and Administration Associate will be responsible for: providing budgetary support to various units; monitoring project financial reports; preparing and processing expense reports; maintaining award files; reviewing and editing project documents; and providing other support as needed. The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills, familiarity with accounting principles and software, time-management and organizational skills, and be able to use the MS Office suite, especially Microsoft Excel.
This is a full-time salary position with excellent benefits located in downtown San Francisco, with easy access to public transportation. This position offers a competitive salary based on experience.
Support includes but is not limited to the following activities (the percentage breakdowns provided are rough estimates and may vary):
Financial Management (70%)
- Generates moderate to complex annual operating budgets, expenditure projections, analysis of financial data, and forecasting.
- Reviews and reconciles monthly financial reports for projects across multiple units.
- Tracks and monitors project expenditure transactions; utilizes reports to anticipate and resolve operational, fiscal, or other discrepancies.
- Submits and reconciles expense and travel reimbursement reports for Foundation staff.
- Helps comply with the Foundation’s financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Interprets and analyzes donor terms to ensure financial expenses and reports are consistent.
- Maintains award files and provides support in preparation of donor reports and invoices.
- Maintains databases, logs, and spreadsheets to facilitate efficient retrieval of information.
- Administers grants and processes consultant payments.
- Assists with the preparation, proofreading, and editing of reports and proposals.
- Makes routine changes to keep web pages updated on applicable sites.
- Organizes and schedules appointments.
- Provides logistical support in the planning and execution of meetings, seminars, workshops, and other events as assigned.
- Assists with coordinating events and booking travel.
- Supports modest-sized grants administered by the Programs Unit.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Math, Economics, Statistics, or Science
- At least three years of financial or budget support/administration experience
- Excellent Excel and MS Office skills required.
- Project accounting and budgeting and/or U.S. Government and international contract or grants experience highly desirable. International business experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Must have pro-active work style, be detail oriented, and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work.
- Experience using SharePoint (or ability to learn it) is preferred.
- Ability to follow directions and exercise good judgment.
- Willingness and ability to juggle multiple tasks and be a good team player.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
2020 Annual Report
Addressing the global crisis