Finance and Administration Associate, Programs
Location: San Francisco
Deadline: April 15, 2021
In an increasingly complex and changing world, we believe that a peaceful and engaged Asia is of critical global importance. We work with innovative leaders and communities to build effective institutions and advance path-breaking reforms. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, The Asia Foundation’s programs address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and international cooperation. These are just some of the ways we encourage Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
The Asia Foundation’s San Francisco headquarters is seeking a Finance and Administration Associate to perform a broad range of financial, program support, and administrative duties with the Programs Unit. Reporting to the Associate Director, Programs the Finance and Administration Associate will be responsible for: providing budgetary support to various units; monitoring project financial reports; preparing and processing expense reports; maintaining award files; reviewing and editing project documents; and providing other support as needed. The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills, familiarity with accounting principles and software, time-management and organizational skills, and be able to use the MS Office suite, especially Microsoft Excel.
This is a full-time salary position with excellent benefits located in downtown San Francisco, with easy access to public transportation. This position offers a competitive salary based on experience.
Support includes but is not limited to the following activities (the percentage breakdowns provided are rough estimates and may vary):
Financial Management (70%)
- Generates moderate to complex annual operating budgets, expenditure projections, analysis of financial data, and forecasting.
- Reviews and reconciles monthly financial reports for projects across multiple units.
- Tracks and monitors project expenditure transactions; utilizes reports to anticipate and resolve operational, fiscal, or other discrepancies.
- Submits and reconciles expense and travel reimbursement reports for Foundation staff.
- Helps comply with the Foundation’s financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Interprets and analyzes donor terms to ensure financial expenses and reports are consistent.
- Maintains award files and provides support in preparation of donor reports and invoices.
- Maintains databases, logs, and spreadsheets to facilitate efficient retrieval of information.
- Administers grants and processes consultant payments.
- Assists with the preparation, proofreading, and editing of reports and proposals.
- Makes routine changes to keep web pages updated on applicable sites.
- Organizes and schedules appointments.
- Provides logistical support in the planning and execution of meetings, seminars, workshops, and other events as assigned.
- Assists with coordinating events and booking travel.
- Supports modest-sized grants administered by the Programs Unit.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Math, Economics, Statistics, or Science
- At least three years of financial or budget support/administration experience
- Excellent Excel and MS Office skills required.
- Project accounting and budgeting and/or U.S. Government and international contract or grants experience highly desirable. International business experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Must have pro-active work style, be detail oriented, and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work.
- Experience using SharePoint (or ability to learn it) is preferred.
- Ability to follow directions and exercise good judgment.
- Willingness and ability to juggle multiple tasks and be a good team player.
The Foundation offers excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
Stanford Social Innovation Review Highlights Foundation’s Development Entrepreneurship Model
March 26, 2021
Standing in Solidarity – A Message from our President and Chair of the Board
March 24, 2021
Impact Report 2020
Leading through change