Finance Manager, Timor-Leste
Deadline: February 8, 2019
In an increasingly complex and interconnected world, Asia plays a crucial global role. Would you be excited at the prospect of employing your knowledge and skills to improve lives, expand opportunities, and help societies flourish across this dynamic region?
You could have this opportunity at The Asia Foundation. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, we address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation. We work with innovative leaders and communities to build effective institutions and advance path-breaking reforms. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asias continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
The Asia Foundation is seeking a finance manager to work in its Dili, Timor-Leste office. The finance manager is responsible for ensuring accountable and accountable financial management functions in the Timor-Leste office, including development, implementation, and enforcement of required financial management policies and procedures. In addition, the finance manager monitors, controls, and ensures compliance of expenditures with the annual budget and donor-funded project budgets. S/he is responsible for financial management and budget control related to program, operating, and donor budgets; annual budget and proposal budget preparation; local payroll and benefits; accounting/payment/banking systems and documentation; financial reporting to headquarters and donors; travel and other advances; and provision of necessary guidance to Foundation staff in financial management and budget control policies and procedures.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a senior financial management position and at least three years of supervisory responsibility. Experience with an international organization receiving USAID and other USG funds required.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Financial Management; professional accounting certifications preferred.
- Ability to safeguard confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer and financial management software skills and competencies.
- Comfort in working in a fast-paced and fluid operating environment in a country with evolving policy and procedures.
- Ability to work independently on multifaceted tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated competence in working with international and local counterparts.
The Foundation offers excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
Let’s Read Dismantles Barriers to Literacy by Uniting Technology and Local Communities in Asia’s Free Digital Library for Children
April 15, 2019
Watching and Waiting: Indonesia’s Upcoming Elections
April 10, 2019
Decentralizing Power: The Role of State and Region Governments in Myanmar’s Energy Sector
April 5, 2019
Devex Spotlights The Asia Foundation and DFAT Partner Programs
April 5, 2019
2019 Lotus Leadership Awards Dinner
Wednesday May 29, 2019, San Francisco
Honoring Jennifer Cabalquinto, CFO of the Golden State Warriors, and Lana Condor, Actor and Philanthropist
2019 Lotus Leadership Awards Gala
Wednesday, May 29, 2019, San Francisco