Finance Officer, Mongolia
Deadline: December 13, 2023
Type: Regular employment
The Asia Foundation is a nonprofit international development organization committed to improving lives and expanding opportunities across Asia and the Pacific. Informed by 70 years of experience and deep local knowledge, our work is focused on governance, climate action, gender equity, education and leadership, inclusive growth, and international cooperation. We are inviting candidates to submit their credentials for the position of full-time finance officer. Competitive salary and benefits will be offered.
Accountable to the deputy finance manager, the finance officer is primarily responsible for providing support to the management and oversight of all financial and accounting aspects of the Foundation’s office in Mongolia and ensuring that the Mongolia office’s financial systems pass auditing and US Government A133 compliance standards as well as those of other bilateral donors.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records, including ledgers, accounts, and financial transactions.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of budgets, ensuring compliance with organizational financial policies.
- Process invoices, manage payments, and handle receivables to maintain a smooth cash flow.
- Prepare regular financial reports and statements and assist in internal and external audits by providing necessary documentation and explanations related to financial transactions.
- Reconcile bank statements and financial accounts to ensure accuracy and identify discrepancies.
- Stay informed about financial regulations and ensure the organization’s financial practices comply with relevant laws and standards.
- Work closely with other units to provide financial guidance, support budget planning, and contribute to overall organizational success.
- At least three years of proven experience in a related position.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related disciplines.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate is someone who has excellent organizational and time management skills and is a quick learner of new technologies. The candidate should be passionate about the work that they do and have enthusiasm for working collaboratively in a multicultural environment. Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Mongolian, the ability to work efficiently, interact with different types of people, multitask, and meet deadlines are highly desirable.
Read more about our safeguarding commitments, including Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse, and Harassment and Code of Business Ethics.