Financial Systems Analyst/Administrator
Location: San Francisco
*** This position will remain open until filled ***
In an increasingly complex and changing world, we believe that a peaceful and engaged Asia is of critical global importance. We work with innovative leaders and communities to build effective institutions and advance path-breaking reforms. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, The Asia Foundation’s programs address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation. These are just some of the ways we encourage Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Are you clever, compassionate, and committed? Would you like to work where you can make a difference in the lives of people and governments around the globe? We are looking for a Financial Systems analyst & administrator who will administer and provide technical guidance to ensure the ongoing maintenance and continued improvement of the core financial accounting platform running on the Deltek Enterprise Applications Suite. If this sounds like the perfect position for you, please apply today!
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Financial Systems Administrator
- Deltek Enterprise Applications Administrator: Perform comprehensive Deltek Costpoint, Deltek Time & Cognos Analytics (CER) administration, security, and user support
- Knowledge Sharing: Provide expertise to San Francisco based finance team on Costpoint General Ledger, Labor, Projects modules; setup, configuration and data support of allocations including 70+ Cost Pools; ledger reconciliations; month end close processes, job servers & fiscal year tasks
- Support: Be the primary point of contact for hosting provider regarding Costpoint patches; serve as technical lead on patch and application testing and updates
- Cognos Analytics Reports Server: Maintain, document, and write new Cognos Analytics reports to support the large library of mission critical reports; Implement new security model for Cognos 11; Assemble business requirements then re-write key reports to match changing business processes
Financial Systems Analyst
- Think and plan strategically for long-term system growth and agility
- Ensure financial system uptime and user satisfaction, including leading enhancement meetings with the finance leadership team
- Define and implement procedures for security, privacy, data protection and data management ensuring continual compliance
- Write SQL queries and/or use Cognos Analytics to support audit and data query needs
- Work closely with Business Information Systems Director on upcoming financial systems projects, including revamping budget tools, selection of a project financial management tool, and upgrade to Deltek Time 10
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Accounting or Finance
- Must have a strong technical understanding of Deltek Costpoint and Time and Expense applications core structures and functionality
- 3-5 years’ experience working with Deltek Costpoint Core modules either in a role as administrator or as part of implementation team 3-5 years’ experience using Cognos Query Studio and Report Studio
- 1-2 years’ experience with Deltek Time with ESS
- Experience working with SQL, data extraction, data transformation, and data loading
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Enjoy working as part of a team, and willing to cross train and share knowledge and experiences to enhance the overall quality of the services delivered by the Enterprise Applications team
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Experience with and understanding of the nature of the international NGOs or nonprofit organizations or government contracting industry and how to communicate within it effectively
- Familiarity and understanding of web-based application environments
- Familiarity with how to trace a transaction and/or process through a full lifecycle and assess impact on all affected systems
- Ability to multitask, stay calm under pressure, take initiative, meet deadlines and acquire and apply technical skills as necessary
The Foundation offers excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
Life-Changing Scholarship Programs for Girls and Young Women in Vietnam
December 5, 2019
15th Survey of the Afghan People Release in Kabul and Washington, DC on December 3
December 3, 2019
2019 Survey of the Afghan People
Longest-running barometer of Afghan opinion, now in its 15th year