Financial Systems Analyst/Administrator/Cognos Dev
Location: San Francisco
Deadline: May 28, 2021
In an increasingly complex and changing world, we believe that a peaceful and engaged Asia is of critical global importance. We work with innovative leaders and communities to build effective institutions and advance path-breaking reforms. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, The Asia Foundation’s programs address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation. These are just some of the ways we encourage Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Are you clever, compassionate, and committed? Would you like to work where you can make a difference in the lives of people and governments around the globe? We are looking for a financial systems analyst & administrator who will administer and provide technical guidance to ensure the ongoing maintenance and continued improvement of the core financial accounting platform running on the Deltek Enterprise Applications Suite.
Financial Systems Administrator
- Be the primary administrator for Deltek Costpoint, Cognos Reports (CER) & Deltek Time 10; setup, configuration and data support of allocations including 70+ Cost Pools; ledger reconciliations; month end close processes, job servers & execute the fiscal year end close.
- Share knowledge and expertise with San Francisco based finance team regarding Costpoint General Ledger, Labor & Projects modules; ensure financial system uptime and user satisfaction, including leading enhancement meetings with the SF finance leadership team.
- Work with BIS Director and hosting provider to keep Deltek systems current, including Costpoint patches, application testing and updates.
- Act as the backup administer for custom financial systems and tools.
- Define and implement procedures for Finance Systems security, privacy, data protection and data management ensuring continual compliance.
- Work closely with OneTAF solutions team on finance related SharePoint Apps & Solutions enhancements and improvement.
- Work closely with BIS director on upcoming financial systems projects, including budget and project financial management tools.
Cognos Reports Developer
- Primary support for Cognos Reports: Maintain, document, and write new Cognos reports to support the large library of mission critical reports; with support from consultants, implement new security model for Cognos 11; assemble business requirements then re-write key reports to match changing business processes.
- Provide analysis and data to support audit and data query needs; write SQL queries and use Cognos Reports to perform analysis when needed.
- Must have a strong technical understanding of Deltek Costpoint and Time applications core structures and functionality.
- 3-5 years experience working with Deltek Costpoint Core modules.
- 1-2 years experience with Deltek Time.
- 1-2 years experience using Cognos Reports; experience using Cognos Query Studio and Report Studio a plus.
- Experience working with SQL, data extraction, data transformation, and data loading.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Enjoy working as part of a team, and willing to cross train and share knowledge and experiences to enhance the overall quality of the services delivered by the BIS team.
Optional Skills & Experience
- Experience with and understanding of the nature of the international NGOs or nonprofit organizations or government contracting industry and how to communicate within it effectively.
- Familiarity and understanding of web-based application environments.
- Familiarity with how to trace a transaction and/or process through a full lifecycle and assess impact on all affected systems.
- Ability to multitask, stay calm under pressure, take initiative, meet deadlines and acquire and apply technical skills as necessary.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
Accelerating Women’s Advancement in STEM: Emerging Lessons on Network Strategies and Approaches
June 28, 2021
Podcast: Survey of the Nepali People – A Barometer for Federalism?
June 23, 2021
2020 Annual Report
Addressing the global crisis