Gender and Corporate Social Responsibility Expert
*** This position will remain open until filled ***
The Asia Foundation in China is implementing a two-year project with the objective of addressing gender gaps and enabling the adoption of gender-sensitive corporate responsibility practices by Chinese textile and garment investors in Cambodia. The Asia Foundation is currently looking for a gender and corporate social responsibility expert based in Phnom Penh to support this program. This is a two-year program, starting in June 2018 and ending in May 2020.
The Asia Foundation is seeking a consultant to support the above program with specific emphasis on understanding gender-related issues and corporate social responsibility in the garment industry in Cambodia. The candidate will work with The Asia Foundation and its external consultants to:
- Develop gender information kits on gender equality in the workplace for garment factories in Cambodia;
- Design and deliver gender sensitivity capacity-building training to selected garment factories in Cambodia;
- Support the implementation of gender sensitivity in the workplace at a selected model factory in Cambodia;
- Organize and coordinate a consultative workshop to gather feedback to support the development of the gender information kits; and
- Organize and coordinate a dissemination workshop to share best practices in Cambodia at the end of the program.
The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Have an advanced degree related to gender and/or corporate social responsibility.
- Have strong knowledge in gender, especially in the context of the garment industry in Cambodia;
- Have strong understanding of the garment industry in Cambodia;
- Have familiarity with corporate social responsibility, preferably in Chinese companies;
- Be proficient in Khmer and English; proficiency in Mandarin is an asset;
- Be willing to travel to garment factories both in Phnom Penh and outside of Phnom Penh when necessary;
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Be able to work with various actors with a multicultural team.
To apply for this consultancy, you are requested to submit the following:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A concise cover letter explaining why you are qualified to do the work and your relevant experience against the requirements
- A recent writing sample/portfolio of your work
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV by to email@example.com with the position title listed in the subject line. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
CNN Philippines Highlights New Report on Policy and Emerging Internet Technologies
November 6, 2018
Washington, DC Public Program: The Asia Foundation’s 2018 Survey of the Afghan People
Tuesday, December 4, 2018
The Asia Foundation Releases New Edition of State and Region Governments in Myanmar Report
November 1, 2018
The Asia Foundation’s Migrant Women Program in China Selected for Moody’s Reshape Tomorrow Initiative
October 25, 2018
Emerging Lessons on Women’s Entrepreneurship in Asia and the Pacific
Case Studies from the Asian Development Bank and The Asia Foundation