Gender and Corporate Social Responsibility Expert
*** This position will remain open until filled ***
The Asia Foundation in China is implementing a two-year project with the objective of addressing gender gaps and enabling the adoption of gender-sensitive corporate responsibility practices by Chinese textile and garment investors in Cambodia. The Asia Foundation is currently looking for a gender and corporate social responsibility expert based in Phnom Penh to support this program. This is a two-year program, starting in June 2018 and ending in May 2020.
The Asia Foundation is seeking a consultant to support the above program with specific emphasis on understanding gender-related issues and corporate social responsibility in the garment industry in Cambodia. The candidate will work with The Asia Foundation and its external consultants to:
- Develop gender information kits on gender equality in the workplace for garment factories in Cambodia;
- Design and deliver gender sensitivity capacity-building training to selected garment factories in Cambodia;
- Support the implementation of gender sensitivity in the workplace at a selected model factory in Cambodia;
- Organize and coordinate a consultative workshop to gather feedback to support the development of the gender information kits; and
- Organize and coordinate a dissemination workshop to share best practices in Cambodia at the end of the program.
The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Have an advanced degree related to gender and/or corporate social responsibility.
- Have strong knowledge in gender, especially in the context of the garment industry in Cambodia;
- Have strong understanding of the garment industry in Cambodia;
- Have familiarity with corporate social responsibility, preferably in Chinese companies;
- Be proficient in Khmer and English; proficiency in Mandarin is an asset;
- Be willing to travel to garment factories both in Phnom Penh and outside of Phnom Penh when necessary;
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Be able to work with various actors with a multicultural team.
To apply for this consultancy, you are requested to submit the following:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A concise cover letter explaining why you are qualified to do the work and your relevant experience against the requirements
- A recent writing sample/portfolio of your work
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV by to email@example.com with the position title listed in the subject line. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
Afghanistan in 2018: A Survey of the Afghan People
The longest-running and broadest nationwide survey of Afghan attitudes and opinions.