Human Resources Generalist, San Francisco
Location: San Francisco
Deadline: June 11, 2021
In an increasingly complex and interconnected world, Asia plays a crucial global role. Would you be excited at the prospect of employing your knowledge and skills to improve lives, expand opportunities, and help societies flourish across this dynamic region?
You could have this opportunity at The Asia Foundation. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, we address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and international cooperation. We work with innovative leaders and communities to build effective institutions and advance path-breaking reforms. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
The human resources generalist will be an integral part of the HR team. In this position, you will play a key role in supporting the myriad functional areas of human resources including staffing and recruitment, employee relations, regulatory compliance, compensation and benefits administration, learning and development, and knowledge management. Reporting to the director of Recruitment and Development, the HR generalist will be an on-call position and will be a key team member in a busy mission-driven global non-profit.
Human Resources Administration:
- Process new hire paperwork and coordinate onboarding.
- Assist in the rollout of open enrollment.
- Administer employee benefits and support payroll administration.
- Be available to employees to answer benefits-related questions as needed.
- Administer employee engagement, HRIS, performance management, and other HR systems.
- Assist in the design of employee engagement programs.
- Provide administrative and operational support to ensure the organization’s HR and people processes runs smoothly.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Manage the recruiting pipeline and candidate experience from application through offer. Work with the team to create an exceptional candidate experience that is both equitable and inclusive and designed to attract a diverse pool of candidates.
- Draft and post job descriptions on various job boards and respond to candidate inquiries.
- Manage LinkedIn recruiter tool for active recruiting efforts.
Learning & Development:
- Help design and administer organization-wide training programs focused on employee development.
- Research and recommend potential training opportunities for specific roles and levels.
- 2-3 years of professional work experience as an HR generalist or similar role, ideally in professional service, nonprofit or social enterprise.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Commitment to excellence and accuracy, with an ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Willingness to constructively express contrary points of view and seek consensus among strong, independent thinkers.
- Capacity to work independently while collaborating with teammates.
- Sense of humor and flexibility to regularly incorporate the feedback of others into work processes.
- Ability to manage multiple, detailed projects and drive toward deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal maturity, poise, and professionalism.
- Command of Microsoft Office Suite and demonstrated comfort with new technologies.
- Data analysis & interpretation, experience with an ATS is a plus.
- Interest in working for an international development non-profit.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
2020 Annual Report
Addressing the global crisis