Program Leader, Coalitions for Change, Philippines
Deadline: January 26, 2020
This position is open to Filipino nationals only.
The Asia Foundation is a non-profit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, our programs address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century—governance, law, economic development, and regional cooperation. In addition, our Books for Asia and professional exchange programs are among the ways we encourage Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and management for the Coalitions for Change (CfC) project consisting of the following program areas: Governance, Social Inclusion, Economic Reform and Development, and Peace and Stability. The program leader will work closely with the Senior Management Team and CfC strategic advisor. S/he will coordinate the CfC Project Management Team (PMT), reviews progress and other reports, develops workplans, oversees financial management and reporting, and supports the implementation of a broad range of initiatives under Coalitions for Change.
The successful candidate will be the main contact point for the project’s management, including the Partnership Strategic Panel and the Australian Embassy in Manila. Finally, the program leader works under the supervision of the country representative and in consultation with the deputy representative and the strategic advisor.
- Master’s degree or advanced degree in a relevant field with minimum of ten (10) years experience in a leadership and management position in development, government, or academic institutions in the Philippines.
- Must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Philippine political, economic, and social context. Should have proven track record of program management and leadership. S/he should be experienced in proposal and report writing, financial and grants management and budget control, strategic planning, and managing development projects.
- The successful candidate should exhibit strong team building, representational and leadership skills. S/he should have demonstrated management skills and experience with supervision of multi-disciplinary teams; strong analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking experience; proven interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Must be able to influence and negotiate with a wide range of people on a regular basis and/or build and manage significant relationships.
- Background or technical proficiency in one or more of the following fields: political science, law, social sciences, public policy, public administration, international relations, women’s education/development, economics, and international development.
Click here for more details about this position. Interested applicants should also complete the Foundation Application Form and send with a letter of intent to email@example.com on or before January 26, 2020.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
Let’s Read, our free digital library,
is helping children learn at home.
Learn about our Covid-19 efforts.
Let’s Read, our free digital library, is helping children learn at home. Learn about our Covid-19 efforts.