Public Financial Management Consultant, Myanmar
Deadline: July 3, 2018
In an increasingly complex and interconnected world, Asia plays a crucial global role. Would you be excited at the prospect of employing your knowledge and skills to improve lives, expand opportunities, and help societies flourish across this dynamic region? You could have this opportunity at The Asia Foundation. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, we address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation. We work with innovative leaders and communities to build effective institutions and advance path-breaking reforms. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
The Asia Foundation’s Myanmar office is seeking a Public Financial Management consultant, to be based in Yangon with frequent in-country travel. Governance projects at The Asia Foundation in Myanmar aim to strengthen policy discourses on subnational governance and decentralization reforms, and support related governance reforms in the country’s states and regions. The overall purpose of the consultancy is to provide technical expertise, conduct technical analysis of subnational public financial management (PFM) issues and prepare policy advice to government at workshops, training sessions, and other events.
- Advanced degree in Public Policy Studies, Political Science, Public Financial Management, Economics or other relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- Significant experience working on PFM, decentralization, local governance, fiscal transparency, and/or government interactions
- Minimum five years of relevant professional experience working in developing countries (experience in Myanmar preferred)
- Strong track record of facilitating partnerships across governing authorities and members of the public, and a high level of comfort in engaging with high-level government officials
- Strong political awareness and knowledge of governance institutions and practices in developing countries, particularly Asia and Myanmar
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (Burmese an asset)
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, email and internet applications
The candidate must be able to work on a full-time basis starting as soon as possible, until April 30, 2019.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV by July 3, 2018 to email@example.com with the position title listed in the subject line. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
CNN Philippines Highlights New Report on Policy and Emerging Internet Technologies
November 6, 2018
Washington, DC Public Program: The Asia Foundation’s 2018 Survey of the Afghan People
Tuesday, December 4, 2018
The Asia Foundation Releases New Edition of State and Region Governments in Myanmar Report
November 1, 2018
The Asia Foundation’s Migrant Women Program in China Selected for Moody’s Reshape Tomorrow Initiative
October 25, 2018
Emerging Lessons on Women’s Entrepreneurship in Asia and the Pacific
Case Studies from the Asian Development Bank and The Asia Foundation