Regional Finance Manager, Peace and Transitions
Deadline: December 20, 2019
The Asia Foundation’s regional Peace and Transitions program, based in Bangkok, is seeking motivated and qualified Thai applicants for the position of finance manager. The Peace and Transitions program works across South and Southeast Asia to strengthen formal and informal institutions that can resolve disputes, reduce grievances, advance social justice, address the root causes of violence and reduce the risks of fragility. The program invests in research to inform peacebuilding programs in the field, with a reputation for cutting-edge analytical work that is grounded in practice.
The finance manager will lead all financial management tasks related to the program portfolio including accounting, payments, reporting systems and procedures. S/he will coordinate with donors, partners, consultants, and the Foundation’s headquarters in the United States and country offices across the region to ensure compliance with all fiduciary and reporting requirements. The position will require occasional regional and international travel. The finance manager will report to the director of the Peace and Transitions program.
The tasks and responsibilities of the finance manager include:
- Producing monthly, quarterly and/or yearly financial reports, both actual and forecast, as required;
- Work with project staff, country office staff, grantees and other implementing partners to ensure compliance with donors’ policies and regulations pertaining to financial and fiduciary management;
- Assisting with the financial monitoring of subgrants including pre-award financial/management assessments, requests for advances, funds disbursements and expenditure reconciliation, financial reporting, audits, and close-out;
- Providing recommendations to program leadership on the financial health of projects and programs;
- Providing support to internal and external audits; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its international equivalent in accounting, business administration, finance or related field;
- At least five years related experience in financial management, accounting, and/or budget management;
- Significant experience (3+ years) managing grants or contracts from development donors such as USAID, DFID or DFAT, is preferred;
- Mastery of Excel and familiarity with accounting systems and software such as QuickBooks or Cognos;
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English, and be comfortable in an international environment; and
- Thai citizenship or dual Thai-other nationality.
Contract initially 1 year with possible extension.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV by December 20, 2019 to email@example.com with the position title listed in the subject line. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
Life-Changing Scholarship Programs for Girls and Young Women in Vietnam
December 5, 2019
15th Survey of the Afghan People Release in Kabul and Washington, DC on December 3
December 3, 2019
2019 Survey of the Afghan People
Longest-running barometer of Afghan opinion, now in its 15th year