Reporting, Writing, and Editing Consultant
Deadline: December 5, 2020
The Asia Foundation is a nonprofit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, our work across the region addresses five overarching goals—strengthen governance, empower women, expand economic opportunity, increase environmental resilience, and promote international cooperation.
The reporting, writing, and editing consultant will be primarily responsible for editing/reviewing all program documents such as quarterly, semiannual, and annual donors’ reports pursuant to compliance requirements as well as contributing to proposal development addressing new business opportunities for the Foundation in Afghanistan. Working initially remotely with an opportunity for in country posting, the consultant reports to the country representative and deputy country representative and will be supported by a national monitoring & evaluation specialist.
It is envisioned that the consultant will assist the country representative and deputy country representative as needed related to documenting project implementation and/or new business development for all programs and projects from “concept to close-out”, with the ability to facilitate discussions on new program opportunities and assist relevant directors and managers with concept and proposal development.
- In collaboration and coordination with program directors, edit/review all donor compliance project reporting to ensure timely submissions per donors’ requirements.
- Ensure that the program and donor-funded project reporting processes are systemized, consistent with the results framework and quality checks completed following existing internal procedures.
- Follow up with donor reporting and compliance procedures and processes to effectively respond to donor information requests.
- Follow up with program directors on reporting schedules, provide edits and quality control on reports, and ensure reports are uploaded into relevant information management systems.
- Following existing internal procedures, track, document, and schedule donor reports and responses to information requests across Foundation programs
- Make substantial contributions to quality assurance on reports and other written products
- Work with program directors and staff to integrate feedback from donors on reports and written products, following through to ensure all queries are resolved efficiently
- In collaboration and coordination with the country representative and deputy country representative and relevant program directors and managers, identify new business opportunities for internal discussion and as required, participate in concept note and proposal development.
- In collaboration with deputy country representative and Program Directors, coordinate with the San Francisco office in the tracking of donor comments on concept notes/ proposals and work with relevant program directors and managers to provide timely and high-quality feedback.
- As requested, support strategic planning exercises internally by seeking and organizing feedback from program directors and managers as required.
- Other work related to smooth effective internal or external communications as requested by the country representative and deputy country representative.
- Demonstrated experience within the field of program management, quality control, and program development.
- Demonstrated experience in editing and reviewing documents/reports.
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills (native English language capacity).
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize deliverables, often with little oversight, in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Ability to work in post conflict and security-sensitive environment preferred; experience in an on-the-ground international assignment preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work effectively with a multinational staff.
- Experience with international organizations preferred, especially in Afghanistan.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word and Excel) and internet software is required.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree from an English-language accredited academic institution ideally in the social sciences
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in program management and reporting
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV by December 5, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title listed in the subject line. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
Myanmar Business Environment Index 2020: Measuring Economic Governance for Private Sector Development
November 23, 2020
Afghanistan Flash Surveys on Perceptions of Peace, Covid-19, & the Economy
November 23, 2020
Afghanistan Flash Surveys on Perceptions of Peace, Covid-19, and the Economy: Wave 1 Findings
November 23, 2020
Herizal Hazri to Lead Malaysian Institute of Strategic and International Studies
November 11, 2020
Impact Report 2020
Leading through change