Senior Manager, Partnerships & New Business, Books for Asia
Location: San Francisco, Washington DC
Deadline: March 27, 2020
In an increasingly complex and changing world, The Asia Foundation believes that a peaceful and engaged Asia is of critical global importance. We work with innovative leaders and communities to build effective institutions and advance path-breaking reforms. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, The Asia Foundation’s programs address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and international cooperation. These are just some of the ways we encourage Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
The Asia Foundation has an opportunity for a senior manager in Partnerships and New Business for an ambitious team member with the experience and drive to engage donors and pursue funding opportunities that will enable Let’s Read help millions of children to read and thrive. Our Books for Asia team seeks a creative and passionate member to build strategic funding partnerships to support its innovative Let’s Read program. In three years, Let’s Read has created meaningful reading opportunities for hundreds of thousands of children in local languages, supported professional development opportunities for authors, illustrators, editors, and publishers throughout Asia, and built an open license digital library of over 3,000 titles in 30 languages.
The ideal candidate has significant experience working to secure funding from institutional donors and is also passionate about creating meaningful reading opportunities for children. S/he thrives using teamwork and creative thinking to achieve a common vision and is a collaborative leader who seeks to empower others to successfully execute their own work.
- Serve as a key member of the Let’s Read leadership team.
- Collaborate with The Asia Foundation’s Resource Development and Public Sector Development Services teams.
- Coordinate with The Asia Foundation’s Global Communication team.
- Work with Let’s Read leadership and in-country program managers and staff to define partnership strategies and prioritize opportunities.
- Engage with new and existing investors, partner organizations and stakeholders working in sectors relevant to Let’s Read such as pre- and primary education, community engagement, technology, gender equity, environmental resilience, and conflict resolution and peace.
- Opportunities to represent Let’s Read and The Asia Foundation at conferences and events.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in strategic partnerships and new business development; bachelor’s degree in Business, International Development, or relevant field
- Experience in proposal development for a wide range of donors including US government and other bilaterals, multilaterals, private foundations, corporations, and individuals.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills across the business development continuum from trend analysis, strategy formulation, partnership formation, proposal development, production,
compliance, and stewardship.
- Strong planning, organization, and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience or interest in education technology, accessibility, and/or publishing highly desired.
- Develop strategies to engage new institutional donors and funding opportunities including US government, bilaterals, multilaterals, and corporate and private foundations, and individuals.
- Work with Let’s Read program teams to develop and submit funding proposals, comply with donor reporting requirements, and steward donors.
- Ensure proposal quality and compliance requirements.
- Represent Let’s Read at meetings, conferences, and donor outreach events to increase Let’s Read’s engagement with current and potential partners and donors.
- Coordinate with Let’s Read and The Asia Foundation’s Resource Development and Public Sector Development Services teams to capitalize on partnership strategy efforts.
- Work with in-country staff, as needed, to provide guidance for local partnership opportunities and steward funder relationships in country.
- 20% – Develop engagement strategies
- 20% – Funder relationship building
- 30% – Lead development and submission of funding proposals
- 20% – Manage current funding compliance and donor relationships
- 10% – In country partnership development
The Foundation offers excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
Cambodia’s National Institute of Diplomacy and International Relations and The Asia Foundation Sign MOU
July 2, 2020
Nikkei Asian Review Highlights Go Digital ASEAN
June 30, 2020
ASEAN and The Asia Foundation, with Support from Google.org, Collaborate to Equip 200,000 Micro and Small Enterprises with Digital Skills and Tools Amidst the Covid-19 Crisis
June 22, 2020
Myanmar Times Cites Asia Foundation Survey on Business Impact of Covid-19
June 15, 2020
Let’s Read, our free digital library,
is helping children learn at home.
Learn about our Covid-19 efforts.
Let’s Read, our free digital library, is helping children learn at home. Learn about our Covid-19 efforts.