Senior Program Officer, Governance, Philippines
Deadline: February 22, 2019
This position is open to Filipino nationals only.
In an increasingly complex and interconnected world, Asia plays a crucial global role. Would you be excited at the prospect of employing your knowledge and skills to improve lives, expand opportunities, and help societies flourish across this dynamic region? You could have this opportunity at The Asia Foundation. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, The Asia Foundation addresses critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation. We work with innovative leaders and communities to build effective institutions and advance path-breaking reforms. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
The successful candidate will play a major role in providing an innovative and entrepreneurial approach in developing and expanding the Foundation’s governance program in the Philippines, identifying emerging issues and new opportunities for the Foundation while managing the governance reform areas of the Coalitions for Change (CfC) Program and maintaining a good relationship within the Foundation and other stakeholders. S/he will be primarily responsible for ensuring that the Foundation develops and maintain effective liaison with partner organizations in the field of governance including local governance. S/he will work closely with the CfC strategic advisor to identify critical reforms and entry points to advance policy reforms in the field of governance using politically informed strategies and approaches and harnessing expertise of implementing partners and other stakeholders. Also, the successful recruit will lead The Asia Foundation’s efforts in mobilizing resources, developing, effectively implementing and monitoring programs in the area of Governance.
- Master’s degree in Public Administration and Governance, Education, Economics, Political Science, Development Studies, Public Policy or International Development or equivalent years of management and consulting experience in the field of governance/local governance, and/or adaptive management and programming.
- At least with ten years demonstrated experience in governance-related reforms and/or projects in the Philippines. An appreciation of trends and opportunities for governance programming in the Philippines.
- Proven capacity to work with and nurture relationships with a wide range of constituents including government agencies, civil society organizations and the business sector at the national and local levels.
- Demonstrated networking skills and experience in partnering with diverse organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is essential.
- Strong time management skills and professional organizational abilities.
Strong track record of working independently and in a diverse team environment.
- Knowledge of the programs and operations of The Asia Foundation or similar development organizations is a plus. Knowledge of Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and/or other international donor agency programs and regulations preferred.
Click here for more details about this position. Interested applicants should also complete the Foundation Application Form and send with a letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before February 22, 2019.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
Let’s Read Dismantles Barriers to Literacy by Uniting Technology and Local Communities in Asia’s Free Digital Library for Children
April 15, 2019
Watching and Waiting: Indonesia’s Upcoming Elections
April 10, 2019
Decentralizing Power: The Role of State and Region Governments in Myanmar’s Energy Sector
April 5, 2019
Devex Spotlights The Asia Foundation and DFAT Partner Programs
April 5, 2019
2019 Lotus Leadership Awards Dinner
Wednesday May 29, 2019, San Francisco
Honoring Jennifer Cabalquinto, CFO of the Golden State Warriors, and Lana Condor, Actor and Philanthropist
2019 Lotus Leadership Awards Gala
Wednesday, May 29, 2019, San Francisco