Senior Program Officer, Law and Human Rights, Philippines
Deadline: January 31, 2020
This position is open to Filipino nationals only.
In an increasingly complex and interconnected world, Asia plays a crucial global role. Would you be excited at the prospect of employing your knowledge and skills to improve lives, expand opportunities, and help societies flourish across this dynamic region? You could have this opportunity at The Asia Foundation. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, The Asia Foundation addresses critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation. We work with innovative leaders and communities to build effective institutions and advance path-breaking reforms. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
The senior program officer of the Law and Human Rights (LAHR) Unit of The Asia Foundation is responsible for providing the day-to-day supervision and operation of the Unit and ensuring effective planning, implementation, monitoring, and assessment of LAHR projects. The senior program officer is responsible for ensuring compliance with donor and Foundation regulations, agreement provisions, reporting and other deadlines, and budgetary monitoring.
The successful candidate must have a degree in Law and should have passed the Bar. S/he should have a Master’s Degree in Law or Public Administration with a minimum of 10 years experience in handling or managing developmental projects, specifically those related to legal and judicial reform, including human rights. S/he must have experience in fundraising and proposal writing. The successful candidate should have experience in coordinating working groups or other networks desirable. S/he must have experience working with the Supreme Court, Department of Justice, Commission on Human Rights, Department of Social Work and Development, etc.
- Effective interpersonal and management skills proven through successful engagement with relevant stakeholders, partner organizations, and local government units. S/he should have excellent oral and written language skills, including ability to quickly synthesize complex technical and programmatic issues into concise communication, and develop high quality reports based on donor reporting guidelines.
- Must have strong financial management skills.
- The successful candidate should be computer literate in use MS Office and with strong team building, management, and administration skills.
- Ability to self-manage, independently prioritize tasks, and confidently develop plans of action with minimal direction.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with strong time-management skills and professional organizational abilities.
- Knowledge of the Philippine NGO community, government agencies and international donor agency requirements and regulations preferred.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
Let’s Read, our free digital library,
is helping children learn at home.
Learn about our Covid-19 efforts.