Short-term Communications Specialist, Thailand
The Resiliency Initiative is a partnership between Facebook and The Asia Foundation which aims to promote tolerance, strengthen interfaith and inter-ethnic understanding, and prevent violent extremism by helping to build resilient communities across the Asia-Pacific.
Since April 2020, the Resiliency Initiative has run a series of online workshops reaching over 60 organizations across 10 countries in Asia (Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Bangladesh, Nepal, and India). In the second phase, the Resiliency Initiative will create a website, scheduled for launch in March 2021, that will provide resources on social media use and also act as a launchpad for future activities.
The Asia Foundation is looking for a communications specialist with strong experience to work with them as they develop the interactive online website.
The communications specialist will work closely with the regional program manager and colleagues to:
- Design and support the online launch of the website and support management of multimedia material production for the community page of the Resiliency Initiative website, which focuses on sharing CSO experiences in the region with use of multi-media and effective storytelling.
- Support the planning and design of external communication and outreach/advocacy strategies and plans.
- Support and monitor online engagement strategies and outreach of the Resiliency Initiative program and website.
- Monitoring and reporting on project activities for internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (master’s degree preferred) in Strategic Communications, Journalism, Social Sciences, Humanities, International Development or related field.
- At least 5 years of work experience, of which a substantial proportion should be in communications, publishing or media relations.
- Strong knowledge and experience in digital communications strategies and online communications channels.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; able to handle complex information and data and convey clear messages; excellent writing skills; able to adapt content and style for different audiences.
- Ability to manage deadlines and supervise contractors (e.g., local photojournalists/journalists).
- Fluency in English is required, and knowledge of local South and/or Southeast Asian languages is an asset.
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity and awareness of social and political issues in the Asia-Pacific.
- Demonstrable knowledge of society and social media in South and Southeast Asia; experience working in the non-profit or social impact sector on complex social issues; experience in conceptualizing and managing the production of printed materials, including detailed reports, desired.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV by November 20, 2020 to email@example.com with the position title listed in the subject line. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
Myanmar Business Environment Index 2020: Measuring Economic Governance for Private Sector Development
November 23, 2020
Afghanistan Flash Surveys on Perceptions of Peace, Covid-19, & the Economy
November 23, 2020
Afghanistan Flash Surveys on Perceptions of Peace, Covid-19, and the Economy: Wave 1 Findings
November 23, 2020
Herizal Hazri to Lead Malaysian Institute of Strategic and International Studies
November 11, 2020
Impact Report 2020
Leading through change