Team Leader, Climate Change Program, Vietnam
Deadline: December 1, 2017
In an increasingly complex and interconnected world, Asia plays a crucial global role. Would you be excited at the prospect of employing your knowledge and skills to improve lives, expand opportunities, and help societies flourish across this dynamic region?
You could have this opportunity at The Asia Foundation. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, we address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation. We work with innovative leaders and communities to build effective institutions and advance path-breaking reforms. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
The Asia Foundation seeks an experienced team leader for an anticipated Global Affairs Canada-funded five-year Climate Change program in Vietnam. The program will support small and medium-sized Vietnamese enterprises (SMEs) and initiatives in reducing greenhouse gas emissions. The team leader will be responsible for providing overall vision, leadership, and guidance for the program. The position will be full-time and based in Hanoi, Vietnam.
Summary of Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for quality control of the technical aspects of performance, procurement, personnel, reporting, and other management-related requirements of the project;
- Provide technical leadership for program activities including conceptualizing, designing, implementing and monitoring innovative, cutting-edge programming activities;
- Build and manage relationships with partners and senior Asia Foundation staff in Vietnam, including meeting and consulting regularly with them regarding the programs performance and direction;
- Supervise a multi-cultural team of professionals and experts across various technical and functional areas (e.g. climate change adaption, SME development, etc.)
- Relevant advanced degree in a related field of study;
- Minimum of ten years’ progressively responsible experience in international development, with at least five years of senior managerial-level experience in a developing country, preferably in Asia;
- Demonstrated success in designing, managing, and implementing large and complex development projects;
- Expert knowledge and understanding of issues related to climate change adaptation and mitigation, including opportunities related to private sector and SMEs, and the technical aspects of climate change project design and implementation;
- Previous experience managing programs of similar scale and scope; experience with Canadian-funded programs highly preferred;
- Experience working with or for private sector organizations, including SMEs, and knowledge in developing business plans, strategies, and financial systems;
- Experience working with the Ministry of Planning and Investment in Vietnam or equivalent institution outside Vietnam;
- Experience with fund and grant management.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV by December 1, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title listed in the subject line. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
Philippines: Tourism Industry Training in Senior High Schools
May 30, 2018
Asia Foundation Chairman Dr. David M. Lampton Honored by Committee of 100 for Advancing U.S.-China Relations
May 30, 2018
Uncovering the Impact of
VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN AND GIRLS
China passed a crucial Anti-Domestic Violence Law, but they need hard data to implement it. Our survey uncovers the real human, societal, and business costs.