Applying a Feminist Lens to India’s Foreign Policy A Compendium of Essays
The Asia Foundation, in partnership with Kubernein Initiative, examined the idea of a feminist foreign policy by applying a gender lens to six thematic areas of Indian foreign policy. The process involved discussions with experts, change-makers, and policy operators around the six key themes. This compendium presents some of the outcomes of these discussions as well as essays from experts that have applied a gender lens to areas under these six themes:
- Climate Change and Disaster Management
- Development Cooperation and Assistance
- Emerging Non-Traditional Regional Challenges
- Health Security
- Regional and Global Trade
- The Future of Multilateral Institutions.
This report was funded by The Asia Foundation through the research project Gender Mainstreaming in India’s Foreign Policy.