President’s Leadership Council
The President’s Leadership Council is a dynamic network of international business leaders committed to investing in emerging leadership in Asia. Members of the Council make annual personal philanthropic gifts or help secure corporate or foundation support to boost the Foundation’s investment in emerging Asian leaders. Through programs such as The Asia Foundation Development Fellows, Luce Scholars, and Young Asian Diplomats, the President’s Leadership Council is equipping young people to address complex challenges, build thriving communities and expand opportunities across Asia.
President’s Leadership Council members enjoy informative Insider Briefings, annual gatherings and other networking events, and exclusive opportunities to stay connected with the inspiring work of Asia’s most impactful young leaders.
- Invitation for two to the annual President’s Leadership Council gathering at The Asia Foundation, hosted by the president, to thank members for their support and brief them on the activities of the Foundation.
- Invitation for two to exclusive Foundation events in San Francisco, Washington, DC, New York City and Asia. These events provide opportunities to network with other members and to meet Asian and American leaders from corporate, academic and government sectors.
- Intimate breakfasts and brown bag lunches to meet the international fellows from the Asia Foundation Development Fellows, Luce Fellows, Young Asian Diplomats and other LeadEx programs.
- Insider Briefing video calls to hear reports from Foundation country representatives in Asia.
- Regular communications from The Asia Foundation leadership on programs and breaking developments.
If you are interested in joining please contact Director of Leadership Gifts John Robinson at [email protected].
Asia’s rapidly changing development landscape has brought about the need for a new generation of leadership to innovate solutions to the region’s most pressing challenges. The President’s Leadership Council is closely aligned with the Foundation’s LeadEx programs, which oversees the Asia Foundation Development Fellows, the Luce Scholars, the Young Asian Diplomats, and other programs which serve to identify, equip and develop future leaders in Asia. LeadEx programs invest in tomorrow’s leaders through knowledge building, skill strengthening, and professional exchange to shape talented and committed young individuals into agents of impact and reform.
Highlights from LeadEx
Applications Open for the 2023 William P. Fuller Fellowship in Peacebuilding
March 14, 2023
Announcing the 2023 LeadNext Fellows: Ambassadors for a Global Future
January 10, 2023
Leaders on the Frontlines Event
The Asia Foundation’s annual Leaders on the Frontlines event recognizes outstanding individuals and organizations that have demonstrated extraordinary leadership and helped to promote the Foundation’s mission to improve lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Past honorees include 8th Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon.
President’s Leadership Council Members
The Asia Foundation’s President’s Leadership Council is a select international group of business leaders and corporate partners working to nurture and support young leaders in Asia.