The Asia Foundation’s Legacy
The Asia Foundation is helping to build a peaceful, just, and thriving Asia. With our longstanding commitment and the unmatched expertise of our local staff in more than 20 Asian countries, The Asia Foundation is a trusted partner in the region with a proven track record of effective change.
You can play a vital role in the future of Asia and The Asia Foundation by making a gift through your estate.
Together, we can:
- Foster peace, stability, prosperity, and effective governance in Asian countries
- Equip future leaders who are shaping tomorrow
- Protect the basic rights and security of women and girls
- Expand opportunities for women’s entrepreneurship, education, and employment
- Promote literacy and a love of reading in young people throughout Asia
Give through your will
Giving to The Asia Foundation through your will or living trust can be a simple way to make a gift, and is easily done with your attorney. You can name The Asia Foundation as a beneficiary in your will or living trust in a number ways:
- You can give a specific dollar amount.
- You can give a percentage of your total estate.
- You can give the residue or a percentage of the residue of your estate. After specific gifts for loved ones have been made, The Asia Foundation will receive the residual amount you have designated.
- You can make a contingent bequest, in which the Foundation receives a bequest only if a named individual, such as a spouse, does not survive you.
Gifts of unrestricted funds help us respond to dynamic conditions on the ground in the countries where we work. If you would like to designate your gift for a specific purpose, contact us to discuss the official language needed to ensure that your wishes are met.
The following language may be of use to your attorney:
I hereby give and bequeath to The Asia Foundation the sum of ____ dollars / ___ % of my estate to be used for its general purposes.
I hereby give and bequeath to The Asia Foundation all / ___ % of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate to be used for its general purposes.
I hereby give and bequeath the sum of ___ dollars to ___ [name of individual], if he/she survives me. If ___ [name of individual] does not survive me, I give and bequeath the sum of ___ dollars to The Asia to be used for its general purposes.
Give through a beneficiary designation
Many financial accounts that you may hold allow you to make a gift via a beneficiary designation. This can also be a simple way to give to The Asia Foundation. When you complete your beneficiary designation form, name The Asia Foundation as a full, partial, or contingent beneficiary.
Some common ways to designate The Asia Foundation as a beneficiary of your estate:
- Retirement Plans – IRAs, 401(k) plans, 403(b) plans. Giving retirement assets may reduce estate taxes, income taxes, or both.
- Bank accounts
- Brokerage accounts
- Life insurance – for a policy no longer needed
- Donor advised funds
All bequests and beneficiary designations should include the following information to confirm the identity of The Asia Foundation:
The Asia Foundation’s Federal Tax ID is #94-1191246. Its primary offices are located at 465 California Street, 9th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94104-1804.
Other ways to give
There are many ways to make a gift that might be right for your personal financial situation. We recommend that you consult with a professional advisor when planning an estate gift. If you are considering establishing a charitable trust, giving real estate, or would like to discuss your particular circumstances, we would be pleased to speak with you.
For information about making a gift through your will or estate plans, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Haydn Williams Legacy Society
Those who make a legacy gift to The Asia Foundation are invited to be part of the Haydn Williams Legacy Society.