Virtual Event – The Hidden Pandemic: Addressing Gender-Based Violence in Asia during Covid-19
Event: Wednesday, May 20, 2020
On May 20, 2020, The Asia Foundation hosted the webinar The Hidden Pandemic: Addressing Gender-Based Violence in Asia during Covid-19, focused on the rapid increase in domestic violence as extended lockdowns and fear, anxiety, and economic uncertainty exacerbate gender inequalities and disrupt services for survivors. The Asia Foundation’s Senior Director of Women’s Empowerment and Gender Equality Jane Sloane, moderated the webinar with more than 120 attendees. Asia Foundation expert panelists Ramani Jayasundere, Paula Uniacke, Priya Dhanani, and Anna Yang, team lead for the Nabilan program in Timor-Leste, led an interactive discussion on the need to prioritize inclusive GBV prevention and response strategies and to support long-term programming in partnership with local organizations.
- What lens are you bringing to the issue of Covid-19 and GBV?
- Which groups are being left out of GBV-related policies and services during Covid-19?
- How are you or your organization responding to GBV during Covid-19?
- What resources do you or your organization most need to respond to GBV, especially domestic violence, during Covid-19?
- How do we help ensure that GBV response and prevention strategies are more resilient in the future?
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
Asia Foundation Research Highlights Power of Women-in-STEM Networks in Asia
June 28, 2021
Accelerating Women’s Advancement in STEM: Emerging Lessons on Network Strategies and Approaches
June 28, 2021
2020 Annual Report
Addressing the global crisis