ASEAN Rapid Assessment: The Impact of Covid-19 on Livelihoods across ASEAN
The ASEAN Rapid Assessment is a product of the partnership between The ASEAN Secretariat and The Asia Foundation and with support from The Rockefeller Foundation and the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. It has informed the development of ASEAN post-2020 sectoral work plans as well as the Implementation Plan of ASEAN Comprehensive Recovery Framework.
This report aims to support ASEAN and its Member States in efforts to respond to unprecedented challenges and disruptions brought by Covid-19 ,with specific focus on labor, education and social welfare sectors. It synthesizes impacts of Covid-19 as well as response measures that have been introduced by individual ASEAN Member States and collectively by ASEAN. It also offers recommendations for policy makers to consider in shaping sustainable and inclusive recovery and fostering resilience.
- ASEAN – “ASEAN launches rapid assessment on COVID-19 impact on livelihoods across region“
- The Diplomat – “COVID-19: A Regional Response Is Key for ASEAN“
- The Diplomat – “The New Poor: ASEAN Tackles the Challenge of Rising Inequalities“
- The Diplomat – “Displaced, Stranded, Unprotected: ASEAN’s Migrant Workers“
- The Diplomat – “A Crisis Waiting to Happen: Unemployment and Informality in Southeast Asia During COVID“