Chief of Party, USAID Laos Legal Aid Support Program
Deadline: September 7, 2018
In an increasingly complex and interconnected world, Asia plays a crucial global role. Would you be excited at the prospect of employing your knowledge and skills to improve lives, expand opportunities, and help societies flourish across this dynamic region? You could have this opportunity at The Asia Foundation. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, The Asia Foundation addresses critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation. We work with innovative leaders and communities to build effective institutions and advance path-breaking reforms. Together with our partners, we are committed to Asia’s continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
The Asia Foundation seeks an experienced chief of party for a USAID-funded four-year Legal Aid Support Program in Laos. The program will promote the rule of law in Laos by ensuring more fair, consistent and transparent delivery of justice according to the law, inclusive of women, the poor, and traditionally underserved populations. The program will work with a range of stakeholders including the Government of Laos, the Lao Bar Association, university law clinics, and non-profit associations to improve the availability and quality of legal aid services in the country. The chief of party will be responsible for providing overall vision, leadership, and guidance for the program. The position will be full-time and based in Vientiane, Laos.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID for procedural and substantive matters, and be responsible for quality control of the technical aspects of performance, procurement, personnel, reporting, and other management-related requirements of the cooperative agreement;
- Provide technical leadership for program activities including conceptualizing, designing, implementing and monitoring innovative, cutting-edge programming activities;
- Build and manage relationships with partners and USAID counterparts in Vientiane and Bangkok, including meeting and consulting regularly with USAID regarding the program’s performance and direction;
- Supervise a multicultural team of professionals and experts across technical and functional areas.
- Minimum eight (8) years of relevant professional experience in a senior management position in a program of similar magnitude, preferably in the area of rule of law, access to justice, mediation, or human rights in Laos or a country with similar context
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders including government representatives, non-profit associations, donors, academic and research institutes and Bar and other legal associations;
- Proven success and exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of similar sized USAID and other international donor-supported programs, with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting, and preferably experience in managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions;
- Relevant advanced degree in law, political science, international development, international affairs, or a related field of study;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV by September 7, 2018 to email@example.com with the position title listed in the subject line. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.
HIGHLIGHTS ACROSS ASIA
Asia's free library for children