Applications Open for YSEALI Workshop on Future Workforce
December 31, 2020 — The Asia Foundation is inviting applications for the 2021 YSEALI Future Workforce Workshop implemented by the Foundation with the U.S. Embassy in Singapore. The Workshop, for students, entrepreneurs, and young professionals ages 20-35 from across ASEAN will be held virtually from May 16 to May 23, 2021.
The virtual workshop will include a series of online skills-building sessions, activities, speakers, virtual tours of Singapore-based U.S. companies highlighting future workforce initiatives, as well as mentoring and networking opportunities with leaders from the region and the United States. The schedule will include a full program on Sunday, May 16, two hours of commitment each evening during the week through a combination of interactive and self-directed work, and two full-day sessions on the final weekend of the program.
The program, arranged in partnership with the American Chamber of Commerce in Singapore will connect 60 participants from across ASEAN and showcase innovative approaches to leveraging the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR); explore 4IR challenges and opportunities and how they impact the future of work; and allow participants to connect with peers and leading experts.
Participants will gain an understanding of how rapid technology and digital advances are altering the context of work in Asia and globally; receive mentorship; explore opportunities to expand their work; exchange ideas on how to foster economic growth in their communities; and discover avenues for stronger regional cooperation and cooperation between the U.S. and ASEAN. They will learn from 4IR experts, gain a look inside American companies at the forefront of innovation in addressing future workforce, and network with other young leaders from across ASEAN.
- YSEALI Member (Join YSEALI now)
- Ages between 20 – 35 years old (at the time of application and workshop)
- Citizen of one of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, or Vietnam
- Currently residing in one of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, or Vietnam
- Have at least 2 years of work experience
- Passionate about building communities and have a keen interest in building a network through collaboration and partnership with other Southeast Asian countries
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Will commit to a minimum of 36 hours of virtual/online sessions from the workshop agenda
Apply now to participate!
The workshop is supported by the U.S. Department of State and implemented by The Asia Foundation with the American Chamber of Commerce in Singapore serving as a program partner.
Read more about the Foundation’s work.
The Latest Across Asia
January 19, 2022
January 13, 2022
January 10, 2022
January 5, 2022
December 22, 2021
December 20, 2021
Leaders on the Frontlines:
Leaders for a Better World
Highlights from the event